Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Having kids
  • gonzy
    Free Member

OP – as others have said dont let this cause any stress to you or your other half. speak to the GP who would be able to advise you on the best plan of action. you may need to look at your lifestyle and make some changes to aid the process i.e. smoking, drinking, general diet, sleeping patterns etc.
    a colleague of mine went through pretty much the same thing….trying for years without success then they had all but given up on the notion of having kids when at 40 she got pregnant. she then had her second child about 2 years later.
    in the meantime keep trying…
    from personal experience i have a friend who has been trying for nearly 7 years and again no luck…they’ve had a few early stage miscarriages to deal with along the way but time is still on their hands so they continue to try for a child…during that same period we’ve had 2 and have another on the way….which makes me feel guilty considering what they are going through.
    like i said keep trying and get some professional help/advise

johndoh
    Free Member

And for more anecdotal experience…

Friends of ours conceived via IVF/ICSI due to ‘severe’ male and female issues and they were told they could never conceive naturally.

So, they wanted a second, went through IVF again but she wasn’t reacting as expected to the initial drugs (where they encourage the egg production/release prior to collection).

You can guess what had happened can’t you? Yep – with twins. Naturally.

And similar with someone else – they had tried and tried naturally and with (IIRC) about 5 rounds of IVF (on the NHS, using eggs collected at first round). They were told that unless they could afford to pay, this was the end of the road. They had already started to go through the process of adopting, went away for a weekend to clear their minds and focus on this new future, drank too much wine and you can guess the rest.

HOWEVER…
    Don’t live in the hope it will happen naturally – it *might* not so get yourself in the system as soon as you can.

BTW – we had twins at our first attempt at IVF/ICSI, tried naturally (half-heartedly) for a couple of years after (like many others have done, but unsuccessfully) but now are happy and settled with our two healthy 4.5 yr olds.

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Having kids’ is closed to new replies.