• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by poah.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Haven or Sixc carbon bars?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Christmas Eve here, new bike build starts tomorrow and I’m looking at carbon bars.

Had Sixc on my last bike and would happily run them again but I’ve spotted the Havens and the stealthy black/black would go well with my build.

Does anyone here use the Havens?

tomhoward

I’ve got both, I like them both equally.

HTH

panzerjager
    Free Member

I’ve got the Havens & very happy with them.
    If I’m not mistaken, the SixC are 20mm wider, if that’s what you’re used to?

Northwind

Finish on the sixc is pretty soft and has no tolerance for dot fluid, if you’re a messy bleeder…

maxb
    Free Member

Renthal Fatbar Lite Carbon 740mm here. Just replaced my 660mm Easton Monkeylite risers after ten years stirling service. Really pleased with the switch.

chiefgrooveguru

Is the shape the same? I’ve only had the old 711mm Havens and the 800mm SixC – too different to compare but I really like the latter.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’ve got the 800 Sixc bars sat here but [tart] they’ve changed the graphics on them from the last pair I had [tart/]. The Sixc bars are slightly wider than the Havens but I usually run them around 780mm anyway. Fortunately never had any problems with dot fluid Northwind, was always careful not to spill any fluid (too tight).

Will check the sweep etc chief, good point.

I’d give the Renthals a go but they don’t seem to do them without the blingy gold bits.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Let’s be honest they are both very nice, so go with your inner tart

honourablegeorge

They’re the same company nowadays so construction and quality probably the same, Sixc usefully wider.

I’d get Renthal

maxb
    Free Member

The gold is subtle on the carbon:

kimbers

On one knuckleball

reggiegasket
    Free Member

it’s all about the sweep these days. As bars get wider you need more sweep, IMO, otherwise they feel too straight.

Hence I don’t get on with Renthals. I run Syntace with 12 degrees.

chiefgrooveguru

I think the sweep that suits totally depends on each rider’s anatomy and riding style. Stand like you’re holding a pair of bars, drop your elbows in towards your sides and then raise them up wide and high and see how the angle of your hand changes.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well I like my Sixc because of the straighter shape.

And no, you can’t have them back.

😛

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Haha, no worries chakaping!

Had a proper look and play with the Sixc bars last night and I will just stick with them. Going to try them and 800mm first and see how they feel.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Ps maxb, your bars aren’t central!

poah
    Free Member

Spank spike vibrocore

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Haven or Sixc carbon bars?’ is closed to new replies.