• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Dibbs.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Have you turned your bike lights off?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Bike sheds at work looked like Blackpool illuminations when I arrived this morning, so I went round and turned them all off. Just in case their riders needed some battery charge for the ride home.

I can understand you missing a fading cheap rear led in your rush to get into the office in the gloom, but someone must have been sleepwalking to miss his Cateye Volt going full bore. Unless he was having the cycle commuters equivalent of runners squits.

flicker
    Free Member

Or some comedian had turned everyone’s lights on for them.

toby1

Well my wife didn’t after she managed to loose the Exposure flare on her way in yesterday (was all of 2 weeks old as well – ffs!)

lemonysam
    Free Member

Well my wife didn’t after she managed to loose the Exposure flare on her way in yesterday (was all of 2 weeks old as well – ffs!)

So far this year I’ve found four rear lights in the gutter on the way to work, sadly only one of them hadn’t been crushed. She’s not alone.

MoreCashThanDash

To be fair, if it was lost after two weeks it will save you having to keep returning it to get tbe wires sorted out. Good job their customer service is quick and helpful. Mine have just started playing up again. I appear to have a Flash and Flare set that are afraid of the dark, they’ve been fine all summer since the last repair!

daver27
    Free Member

you leave your lights on the bike when you get to work? flat batteries would be the least of my worries round here, coming back to NO lights would be my worry!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I’m disappointed. I was hoping this was going to be a thread full of tales of awesome night rides lit by only moonlight.

MoreCashThanDash

Despite the bike shed being in front of tbe main security desk, it’s not uncommon to find whole bikes missing, let alone lights..

Northwind

daver27 – Member

you leave your lights on the bike when you get to work? flat batteries would be the least of my worries round here, coming back to NO lights would be my worry!

Mine are somewhat attached- cable ties, superglue etc, you can still remove them pretty easily or pinch bits but you can’t just grab them and walk off. Seems to be enough.

cookeaa

Apparently someone stole the front light from a colleagues bike this morning, My first question was, Do we not Have CCTV coverage?

To which I was told yes, but it cannot penetrate a hoodie… I think I’ll be taking my lights off when I lock up from now on…

I have left mine glowing/flashing away all day in the past, I tend to have spare batteries for all my lights whenever I ride in, it happens…

hjghg5
    Free Member

Mine is in a locked bike cage to which only I have the key so I leave all my stuff on the bike (including my Garmin when I use it). Definitely turned my lights off though 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

I take my lights off the bike and into work to charge them using the free electricity from my PC’s USB ports. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Have you turned your bike lights off?’ is closed to new replies.