Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Have you ever organised a charity ride?
  • timnwild

I'd like to get the company I work for on their bikes to raise some cash. But there are loads of cyclists here, probably too many to do it unofficially, so we might need a bit of professional help. I've taken a look at Bike Events (who do the London to Brighton) but I was wondering of anyone knew of any others.

It would be nice to help some help to do something a bit out of the ordinary, somewhere in central London maybe. Any suggestions?

ta

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

This year the Welsh Ride Thing was done in aid of the Air Ambulance, so it was a charity ride just not a usual ride … it's spread over 3 days and 2 nights with riders having to carry everything they'll need plus they have to devise their own route and navigate.

It isn't a sponsered ride though, money is raised by each rider paying a small fee to take part and by a raffle with prizes kindly donated from the bike and outdoor world. I think if you want riders to get sponsorship then it needs to be something really interesting/exciting to to fire interest … raising money for a kids charity helps here too.

If you've a charity in mind then I'd contact them as they might have some good ideas, etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever organised a charity ride?’ is closed to new replies.