Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • have you ever opened up with your problems to a total stranger?
  • racefaceec90

i just got an email from a gent saying that he had read one of my posts about finding a kung fu school around devizes.he is going to be starting a jeet kune do school here,and was contacting me about wondering if i would be interested in starting lessons with him.

have just replied to him,man did i reply to him 😳 here’s what i wrote back apologies for the length.

thanks for the heads up paul.
    definitely know about jeet kune do (bought tao of jeet kune do about 10 years ago).bruce definitely was a master of understanding and incorporating different forms of martial arts into a style of his own.

would definitely be interested in starting your classes,but i have a few problems that i feel i should tell you about.one is that i am currently unemployed and would only be able to do the odd lesson if it was expensive (not trying to offend you i’d like to add,just being truthful with my financial situation).

most of all though i have suffered with long term depression/anxiety/anger issues (not against people btw),one of the by products being that i am unfit.it is quite depressing tbh (pun intended 😉 as i used to love mountain biking back in the day (still love it,but don’t ride anymore like i used to).tbh my life is pretty crap at present (am currently on esa for the depression/won a court case after atos declined my medical,that was hanging over my head for most of last year.the judge at my appeal though was a true gentleman,and could see i was telling the truth about my illness.

i currently just spend most of my time in my room going on internet/playing guitar badly! this isn’t a life tbh. was meant to be seeing a lady from the job centre about trying to get back into it again (voluntary work wildlife e.t.c which i would like to do tbh 🙂

tbh paul i don’t have anything to wake up for everyday (just feel like i’m in a perpetual daze). my back is buggered also due to a lumpy mattress that was my grandfather’s (whos’e been dead for 16 years now) even though i’m 39 i fell like i’m 79 lol.

finally though (phew i hear you say) am about as good in a fight as bill gates would be.am very lucky to have never been in a fight,but if i was i would suddenly know how to run 🙂

i bet you’re glad you e mailed me now 🙂

i know it’s crazy to say all this to a total stranger,but i do feel a bit better now (there are others who say it’s a great release to talk about problems with strangers on the web/a form of catharsis i suppose.

i do appreciate you contacting me,and would like to start your jkd courses (i have tried shotokan karate and tagb tae kwon do as a teen).but just wanted to be honest with you about my situation.

i do feel that i need to start martial arts again (not to be able to kick someone’s head in) but to find myself (bad meditative pun inc),i definitely need to do something.

apologies for you having to read all that crap btw 🙂

take it easy

adam

i do feel a bit embarrassed for writing all that to someone i never have met/couldn’t help it it just all came out,but at the same time it fells cathartic also.

have you ever done anything similar,and did you feel better for doing it afterwards/did it help?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I doubt many can top posting that!

toppers3933
    Free Member

I recently burst into tears while telling a customer about an incident with my 4yr old son at the natural history museum which saw us in a&e. Felt a prize winning nana.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be expecting a reply! :mrgreen:

toppers3933
    Free Member

He’s probably still reading it!

choppersquad
    Free Member

Sometimes opening up to someone who has no idea/preconceptions about who you are, is just what you need.
    It was obviously a weight off your shoulders and I’d be amazed if he didn’t reply with an understanding word or two.
    Nothing to be embarrassed about. Let’s face it, People on this forum ask about all sorts, and that’s to a complete bunch of strangers.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of customers tell me they’ve got terminal cancer before they’ve told their families. Struck me as odd, but I guess it was a way of practicing telling people.

footflaps

I was at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado once and a French lady was there and somehow she ended up telling me her life story and problems in French. She was a famous jewellery designer in Paris who’d lost her business and was on holiday trying to find a new direction. Wasn’t at all what I expected on a holiday to the US mountain biking.

MrOvershoot

No Adam (I think that’s your name) your not the only one.

I’m relatively well but my wife is in a bad way, sometimes I find it hard to cope being a carer & have just poured all my problems out to people on the phone who contact me through work, I feel stupid sometimes as I’m sure they think “what was that” but mostly people are very kind and want to talk.

Mugboo

I’m a barber so I can definitely tell you that people do it most weeks in my shop. I’m clearly no expert but they aren’t looking to me for an answer, they just need to get it out. Talkings good 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yes with the aid of beer 🙂
    sometimes it’s just getting all the words out that matters and saying the things you can’t say to those involved.

CountZero

No, and not entirely sure I could. I’m a good listener, though.

fasthaggis

Years ago before the world of the internet,I used to do a lot of train and plane journeys .
    I tend to be more of a listener than a talker and lots of times I would have people telling me all sorts of things .
    Some people are more comfortable sounding off to a stranger,now we have the strangest of strangers ,the internet 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My mother died four weeks ago.
    I just got on with dealing with finding a home for my stepdad who has Alzheimer’s and moved back home to look after him to a degree.
    I found myself crying in the veg aisle at Sainsburys and ended up talking to a probably embarrassed store worker.
    I cleaned my face and went home.
    I couldn’t do that with family.
    Sometimes you need strangers.

user-removed
    Free Member

Sorry for those having a bad time of it.

I took myself off for a six week solo cycling tour of the Highlands and Islands many years ago, mostly to get away from some bad juju and too many drugs. Wasn’t in a great place but had the best holiday. Met a ghillie (sort of an estate manager / gatekeeper) in Loch Aline and we both kind of dumped all our shit on each other.

He initially approached my tent to bollock me about my campfire but within 20 minutes, he was back with a case of beer and a bottle of malt. So, so much easier to talk to someone you know you’ll never see again. Except he turned up at the ferry the next day and offered to drive me tthrough in his twin prop boat (this all sounds a bit bromance but really wasn’t!!).

He spoke about his bad marriages and life choices and his bitterness about ending up in the middle of nowhere. I whined on about feeling like i was drifting through life.

Cathartic.

scandalous
    Free Member

Yes, the other week. Felt it really helped. It’s good to share if talking to those closer to you is not a viable option for whatever reason.

hooli

Do you think it is right to post something like that on a public forum?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wonder if the bloke will reply or just go, errr okayyyyyy. *clicks* delete.

cinnamon_girl

raceface – that was a very brave thing to do, actually if I was still living in Wiltshire I’d drag you out for a bike ride. How many years ago was that Forum ride from Knap Hill? I imagine that was a tough step for you to take but you definitely seemed to enjoy yourself.

Bottle that feeling of being out on the bike in the lovely countryside around you, let exercise release those endorphins and put your worries on the back burner. Enjoy the moment of being on the bike, doesn’t matter if you feel unfit cos that’s not the point.

You can take small steps to change your life and I honestly believe that exercise will assist you in clearing your head and enabling you to relax.

Do take care of yourself and we’re always here if you need to chat/vent whatever.

🙂

racefaceec90

thanks a lot everyone 😀

it’s good to hear that i’m not the only one then 😆

for anyone going through hard times i wish you all the best in getting through it.it definitely feels like a real struggle a lot of the time (from my own experience) but there are many things that are worth waking up for.i only have 3 people who are my friends,but they really are friends (i feel very lucky to have them in my life 🙂

take care to you all (metaphorical group hug 😉

whatever the disagreements on this forum,the people here are genuinely great people who are always here for others.i thank you from the bottom of my heart as it really means a lot to me 😀

now i’d like to thank my guitar tech 😆

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘have you ever opened up with your problems to a total stranger?’ is closed to new replies.