Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Have you ever been to a restaurant where…
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Al, why does it make a difference how long you brew for then?

It doesn’t*

*Or so I have read.

camo16
    Free Member

DOUBLE FAIL, DS!

Parkgate is a village on the Wirral Peninsula, in the part that lies in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, in the North West of England.

IHN

Yeah, the Wirral likes to think it’s in Cheshire, mainly because it’s populated by the Hyacinth Bouquet types who refuse to accept that they live on Merseyside.

The rest of us Cestrians know better 🙂

camo16
    Free Member

the Hyacinth Bouquet types who refuse to accept that they live on Merseyside.

So are we looking at a particular cafetiere/egg timer demographic then? A geographical anomaly? A social black hole?

Suddenly everything becomes clear…

donsimon
    Free Member

Yeah, the Wirral likes to think it’s in Cheshire, mainly because it’s populated by the Hyacinth Bouquet types who refuse to accept that they live on Merseyside.

John Barnes lives in Parkgate. Say no more.
    If it walks like a Scouser duck, talks like a Scouser duck, it must be a Scouser duck… 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just got a coffee from the restaurant, it’s on the first floor, does the boiling temp make a differance 60ft up from where I am?

Isn’t North Wales in Cheshire now?

“is confused”

wwaswas

I’ve just got a coffee from the restaurant, it’s on the first floor, does the boiling temp make a differance 60ft up from where I am?

No idea, but I’m making all my coffee on the floor from now on just to be on the safe side.

camo16
    Free Member

Numptie geography question:

If we’re ignoring proper administrative boundaries here and going for the common sense ‘this is Cheshire, that isn’t’ approach, what is (and what isn’t) Cheshire? I’m guessing Chester counts… but how about Macclesfield? Isn’t that basically just Derbyshire wearing a silly hat? I’m guessing Runcorn, Widnes and Warrington are the poor neighbours that exist only to give proper Cestrians something to snigger at…

So tell.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We have coffee vending machines all over the place here. Have to say the coffee that is secreted from them must have over boiled water and no pressure infused at all.
    Tastes like mellow birds vom.

Must be because the machines sit at sea level (well about 100ft above if you’re asking)

molgrips
    Free Member

It doesn’t*

*Or so I have read.

It does tho, when I do it at least.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m guessing Runcorn, Widnes and Warrington are the poor neighbours that exist only to give proper Cestrians something to snigger at…

A Cestrian is someone who was born within the city walls of Chester and since the Infirmary was closed I imagine there are very few new Cestrians. They will still be able to look down on Runcorn, Widnes etc… 😀

IHN

but how about Macclesfield? Isn’t that basically just Derbyshire wearing a silly hat?

Nah, it’s definitely Cheshire. Indeed, it’s Cheshire circa 1983.

Runcorn, Widnes and Warrington are the poor neighbours that exist only to give proper Cestrians something to snigger at…

Yep, pretty much.

wwaswas

A Cestrian is someone who was born within the city walls of Chester and since the Infirmary was closed I imagine there are very few new Cestrians

My wife had a cestrian section for both our children.

We live in Hove.

cynic-al
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    It doesn’t*
    *Or so I have read.

It does tho, when I do it at least.

In what way?

donsimon
    Free Member

My wife had a cestrian section for both our children.

We live in Hove.

molgrips
    Free Member

It tastes stronger and more rounded if I leave it for longer.

cynic-al
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    It tastes stronger and more rounded if I leave it for longer.

heated or not? How long is “longer”

TheFopster
    Free Member

I was about to make myself a cup of coffee. Having read this I am far too stressed to risk it. I’ll have a cup of tea.

I’ll just check the OS maps to check my elevation first…

camo16
    Free Member

I was about to make myself a cup of coffee. Having read this I am far too stressed to risk it. I’ll have a cup of tea.

How long were you planning to infuse your tea for? Do you understand the risks of over/under infusion? Talk about risks… maybe we should all drink Ribena. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

maybe we should all drink Ribena.

Hot or cold?
    Tap, filtered or spring water?

wwaswas

what ratio of dilution for Ribena?

camo16
    Free Member

Hot or cold?
    Tap, filtered or spring water?

what ratio of dilution for Ribena?

Eek! 😯

And, apparently, Liverpool is a Medium Hard to Very Hard water area. Does that affect dilution or ice cube per litre requirements?

khani
    Free Member

…it was damn good coffee

If you can do that then fitting a front mechs a piece of piss… 😀

camo16
    Free Member

If you can do that then fitting a front mechs a piece of piss..

Cheers Khani. 😆

* Noob embarrassment ensues *

khani
    Free Member

Once you can make a nice cup of coffee the worlds your oyster…
    And remember..before you fit your front mech you have to say three hail Marys..stand on one leg with your finger in your ear..and hop round chanting ‘i can’..’i can’..’and I will’ or it won’t work… 😀
    S’magic it is…

Aristotle
    Free Member

Hoy you lot, lay off Cheshire.
    It’s a fine place(with the exceptions of Crewe and Winsford)

Yes let us ne’er forget that Cheshire contains The Athens and Rome of the North, otherwise known as Runcorn and Widnes.

jamesco

When we were kids my auntie gave us Ribena MILK !!!!!!!!!! Never knew if it was skimmed semi or even tinned , however we are notherners so it was probably full fat green top.

MrOvershoot

Parkgate is in Cheshire by about 500 meters, The Wirral is in Merseyside.
    I live about 1500 meters further into Cheshire, it is important as it makes my insurance cheaper 😀

Used to go to the Boat House for meals a fair bit, now only call in for a pint at the end of night rides to watch the sun set over Snowdonia.

jamesco

Enny road up, whats all this coffee malarkey abaht, a bottle o black tea , no milk no sugar n cold is all you should drink in daylight hours, then after dark nowt but bitter .

jamesco

I ent lived , ah thowt Parkgate wo in Rotherham.

camo16
    Free Member

This thread’s suddenly gone all Emmerdale. 🙂

Sunset watching is the reason to go to the Boat House, I reckon – with or without the pretentious coffee experience. Apart from the ride to West Kirby etc, any good rides around there, MrOvershoot?

jamesco

Cheshire and coffee is a whole new world to me , ah onny know abaht coyl n steel , ride up pit stacks n slag heaps.

binners

I thought ‘Cheshire’ was an independent nation state? Not in the physical form, dependent on its geographical boundries. FFS: Everyone knows Runcorn, Widnes and Warrington are just Cheshire in name only. Openly despised like ginger step-siblings

But Cheshire exists as a … well….you know… a ‘state of mind. I reckon that if theres any hint of the glorious revolution, a large area of Cheshire – containing Alderly Edge, Hale Barns, Poynton and Chester – will rise from the ground, like the space ship at the end of Prometheous, and head to its spiritual home in the south

camo16
    Free Member

I reckon that if theres any hint of the glorious revolution, a large area of Cheshire – containing Alderly Edge, Hale Barns, Poynton and Chester – will rise from the ground, like the space ship at the end of Prometheous, and head to its spiritual home in the south.

You forgot…

Leaving nothing but a cool, beautiful serenity called . . . Mersey Bay. 😉

MrOvershoot

camo16 – Member
    Sunset watching is the reason to go to the Boat House, I reckon – with or without the pretentious coffee experience. Apart from the ride to West Kirby etc, any good rides around there, MrOvershoot?

Nothing exactly tech but lots of little singletrack sections, you need to link them up with short road sections, if you get a bit cheeky there are some fairly tasty bits with plenty of OTB potential.
    I can easily string a 30k ride together that never goes more than 5k from my house and not repeat a track, its better night riding though as they can be a bit busy with horses & dog walkers.
    Mind you most of it would be better done on a pedalo at the moment

IHN

a large area of Cheshire – containing Alderly Edge, Hale Barns, Poynton and Chester – will rise from the ground, like the space ship at the end of Prometheous, and head to its spiritual home in the south

Oi, Binbins, don’t you start accusing me of being a spiritual Southerner. I may be marooned down here at the moment, but I’m still a Northern boy;
    – my heart yearns for a chippy that’ll serve me babby’s’ead and chips, with fish bits and curry suace
    – I remember wistfully the days of Mark and Lard
    – I am friendly to strangers.

What further proof do you need? Don’t shun me, please dont’ shun me 😥

theotherjonv

you need water at 100C to make tea.

Water boils at 100C

I think I’ve just solved the question once and for all about evolution vs intelligent design.

Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever been to a restaurant where…’ is closed to new replies.