Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Have you ever been embarrassed about your bike?
  • andypaul99
    Free Member

However, I still get in a bit of a rage getting stuck behind some apocalyptic mincer on a Blur TRc dripping with XTR and BOS etc who should really be riding an Anthem X4 or something.

hmmm i ride an anthem and you would never get stuck behind me – xtr or not.

kimbers

out in morzine on my 2006 kona stinky i did feel a bit self concious when for example a bunch of lads were hangin out at the lift station on their blinged up tr450s

not quite so worried when i went past them down a steep slimy rutted chute they were all stood at the top of shaking their heads

(im not trying to make myself sound awesome- i was following a much better mate and tbh was barely able to hang on)

hora
    Free Member

Brakes- I love the SS- what is it/how much was it??

brakes
    Free Member

not really sure, I had a fixed Roadrat that I didn’t really get on with so bought the frame and forks for £90 off eBay (from China – http://stores.ebay.co.uk/cycoole) and swapped the parts over.
    I think of it as cheap as it cost me £90 for a ‘new’ bike, but I guess replacement cost would be a few hundred quid, but it’s built to last.

emanuel
    Free Member

even my cheap bikes have so much attention to detail/nichewhoreness that they get a lot of attention from bicycle interested people.
    Not really.I turned up to a ride with a 1970s bianchi,pretty normal one at that,original paint,so it’s a bit worn.
    got loads of smiles.
    Get a lot of ‘nice bike’,cool helmet(giro remedy with some awesum graphics,white.green and gold)
    but people are quite laid back.if they’re not.well.I am.so I don’t dwell on their externalized insecurity.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I am often embarrassed by my bikes.

Ashamed of the shabbiness of the maintenance regimen. Slightly less embarrassed by the “quality” of said bikes but this does have a lot to do with the first point. I know I do not look after my toys and run them to destruction. Why buy XTR when Deore lasts just as well on zero TLC.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

If you’re worried it looks too bling… Just make sure it’s covered in mud.

A well ridden bike, is a well ridden bike.

emanuel
    Free Member

aye,good quality stuff worn in looks so good.
    Or even normal quality stuff that’s been taken care of.
    Clean old stuff looks great as well.

hora
    Free Member

If my bike could talk it would probably have a mental break down and talk about how it feels unloved and dirty most of the time.

emanuel
    Free Member

a clean chain is a happy chain.that’s all you need really.
    and stanchions.and der pivots,and bushings,and bearings,and grips,and cables.

xiphon
    Free Member

I ride a pink bike. ’nuff said.

neninja
    Free Member

I ride a Nicolai and the bike is considerably more capable than I am.

I don’t get embarrassed as I love riding it and 99% of people you see on the trails have never heard of Nicolai.

hora
    Free Member

We’ve heard of it. We just don’t want one 😉

emanuel
    Free Member

is that we,you and your bike?
    I’d not mind one.

portlyone

I fall into the category of my bikes not wanting to be seen with me.

chakaping
    Free Member

Embarrassed about my bike? Nah.

My riding however…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Never been embarrassed about my bike.
    Always embarrassed about my riding.
    Hence I make up for it by buying expensive bikes.

watsontony
    Free Member

aye,good quality stuff worn in looks so good.
    Or even normal quality stuff that’s been taken care of.
    Clean old stuff looks great as well.

so basically stuff looks good?

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever been embarrassed about your bike?’ is closed to new replies.