Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Scam-tastic – easy money?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Out-bloody-rageous!

USD$40,000 a pop, £85 million in sales from the Iraqi goverment alone… nice scam if you can manage it!

iDave
    Free Member

i think he might be wanting a new identity…

allthepies
    Free Member

**** – hope he gets locked up.

tails
    Free Member

Silly mugs should have tested them before they bought them.

psychle
    Free Member

it's got to be corruption, surely?

Kahurangi

"the theory behind dowsing and the theory behind how we actually detect explosives is very similar".

Good God. That's Horrific.

geoffj

😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

why had no one atually tested the thing?

iDave
    Free Member

I wonder if they'd buy some screwdrivers from me, as used successfully by Doctor Who – and priced at a reasonable $250k?

psychle
    Free Member

I'll sell them for USD$10K each… happily… I mean, WTF? How could this go on?? Is it really this easy to scam nations or what??

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

(paraphrase) "It doesn't have batteries and runs on the user's static electricity. It's a grip, metal stick and a hinge with 'Data cards' that tell it what to hunt for"

WTF?!?!

Surely the bit about it being a hi-tech bomb-hunter and not having batteries, instead running off static electricity should have sent alarm bells ringing! How thick are these people?

The guy who sold them is a heartless b@stard! Fat Cat bankers are pretty cold and uncaring, but at least they aren't heartless enough to watch people die in their hundreds through their antics.

allthepies
    Free Member

I'd imagine that the USA had given the Iraqi government squillions of $$$$ so they didn't give a sh*t.

Ambrose

But who actually authorised the purchase of the items? Was no independant field testing done FFS.

If, as appears from the Beeb's research the detectors don't and cannot work- I would not like to be in Jim MacCormick's shoes.

cxi
    Free Member
    psychle
    Free Member

The other $73m apparently went on training and "middlemen", the paper said

🙄 … **** corruption 👿

Flaperon

""Whether it's magic or scientific, what I care about is it detects bombs," he said.

Maybe if the Iraqis didn't have Noddy and the rest of Toy Town overseeing their bomb detection this wouldn't have happened. Or someone – anyone – with half a brain.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Scam-tastic – easy money?’ is closed to new replies.