Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Have we done the Point Break remake yet?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh dear.

Not good. Not good at all. Film for the GoPro psikkezt editz brigade!

ads678

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Will Keeeeaaaannnnuuuu be in it Dude ?

Pigface
    Free Member

Surfer (magazine) savaged it 😆 but they werent impressed with the first one either.

psikkezt editz; what does that mean? who knew a post it note salesman was so hardcore?

convert

Some films must never, ever, be remade – Point Break is one of them. Besmirches the memory of Patrick Swayze I tell you.

But then I’m a sucker for surf related films – Blue Juice and now Chasing Mavericks are go to movies on a wet Sunday afternoon for me.

scruff
    Free Member

Sacrilege.

I’m not gonna paddle to New Zealand etc. etc.

Pigface
    Free Member

Convert can I recommend Step into Liquid for your next wet Sunday afternoon.

GrahamS

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

spawnofyorkshire

Is there an emoticon for sighing then forlornly shaking ones head and looking into the distance despairing about the desire for hollywood to remake a pretty bloody good film into one by the guy who did the total recall remake?

shermer75
    Free Member

“He’s a modern savage”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pigface, the p is silent, as in “the bath”.

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh 😳 😆 you are rad to the power of sick

atlaz
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvFAm4kYCo[/video]

Looks like it is going to be a leave the brain at the door sort of film. I think if you pretend it’s not called Point Break it might be a good rainy Sunday film.

fasthaggis

GrahamS

indeed

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

meh:

[video]http://youtu.be/aMukX7yVSTM[/video]

yeh:

[video]http://youtu.be/giJCL_jhnsE[/video]

Speshpaul

why…..but why?

I kids love the Fast movies so I sat through the first one, its Point Break with cars not surf.

Point break is one of the best, worst movies ever made…..

GrahamS

The only redeeming aspect I can find in the trailer is that it features Big Vern Ray Winstone with a shootah:

convert

Against my better judgement I played that trailer……….. why is it called Point Break? That’s not Point Break – that’s an entirely different film that’s borrowed the character names from the real Point Break. Weird.

karlsbug
    Free Member

^I’m with you on that @convert.

shermer75
    Free Member

Malvern Rider that is genuinely awesome, there can be no answer to that…except maybe the start of this vid:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY[/video]

MrWoppit
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    The only redeeming aspect I can find in the trailer is that it features Big Vern Ray Winstone with a shootah:

Just an aside, here… Are you familiar with the eponymous gang of gentlemen from Scotland who have that moniker attached to their musical efforts, GrahamS?

GrahamS

Yep, think I heard them play in Edinburgh at some doo or other.

ads678

Wrong, just wrong. Just watched the trailer and just feel dirty. Bodhi should have died with Patrick Swayze. No one else should be allowed to be Bodhi!!

TBF though, i’d probably like it if I was a kid seeing that for the first time……Shudders…..it’s still wrong though!!

nickc

The only redeeming aspect I can find in the trailer is that it features Ray Winstone with a shootah:

but an entirely fake ‘Merican accent?!?

GrahamS

Bodhi should have died with Patrick Swayze. No one else should be allowed to be Bodhi!!

an entirely fake ‘Merican accent?!?

I don’t think the target audience will be phased by that.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

As much as I do not want to see a remake … I’ll happily kidnap the short dark haired young lady again

“I hate violence. That’s why I need Rosie,” Bodhi explains. “Rosie is a mechanism. Once you set him in motion, he will not stop. He’s got this gift of blankness. But when 3 o’clock comes, he will gut her like a pig and try not to get any on his shoes.”

I’ve defo got the gift of blankness…. 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Yep, think I heard them play in Edinburgh at some doo or other.

Ah. Gentleman top left in the photo – ex touring keyboard player with The Pretenders in the late eighties. We have some shared history.

z1ppy

Is it bad that I enjoyed the trailer? I enjoyed the original, but that is a different film entirely just with the same names, but ‘looks’ good fun at the same time

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Anyway – trailer looks good if you forget the original.

I’d buy that for a dollar.

footflaps

but an entirely fake ‘Merican accent?!?

Yep, that really doesn’t work well.

Mind you I think he peaked in Scum…..

GrahamS

Gentleman top left in the photo – ex touring keyboard player with The Pretenders in the late eighties. We have some shared history.

The guy below him was good in Total Recall and Starship Troopers:

Junkyard
    Free Member

I thought point break was pretty dire tbh and this looks like it will just be a red bull stunt fest with a vague plot attached to it

I have zero interest in every watching point break again but that trailer was better than i expected and i suspect i would watch it on a lazy sunday with a hangover.

GrahamS

If they are going to remake a classic action surf movie then why not do this one:

ads678

GrahamS – Bode Miller excepted!!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

It isn’t / will never be as good/anywhere near the original Point Break. As a standalone film or maybe a “Point Break 2″……maybe.
    I will certainly go and watch it. (The original is my top fave film)

missnotax
    Free Member

Dammit. Read this, loved the original, have it at home and thought I would watch tonight.

Except I can’t as I have it on VHS and I don’t have a bloody video player anymore! 😉

pondo

Remake the what, now? Point Break?!? No way!!!! That’s like remaking dogs, or cheese – for all the imperfections, they’re perfect as they are and should be left well enough alone. 🙁

GrahamS

Remake the what, now? Point Break?!? No way!!!!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

doesnt anybody in Hollywood have any original stories left?

Enjoyed the original but this looks a different movie only with a similar theme, they should bin the title and call it something different, The Dead Presidents would do. Still looks interesting mind.

bigblackshed

It’s like…….. No way dude.

Other than that I’m speechless.

**And the sound editor has pinched the noises from a Transformer movie.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the Point Break remake yet?’ is closed to new replies.