Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Have we done the new Lego Porsche yet?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

It’s silly money, I’ll probably never touch it again the moment its complete, but boy i’d enjoy building it. Want.

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20160425-legos-2704-piece-porsche-is-not-a-toy

dannybgoode

There’s a lot of large lego kits I want and now there’s another one on the list :).

Lovely…

jimdubleyou

Can guarantee I’d have a bit left over…

Rorschach
    Free Member

£250…still want it.

benji
    Free Member

That’s a need not a want, no preorder on Legos website 🙁

wzzzz
    Free Member

I’d rather build some of these unofficial efforts:

Instructions and brick orders here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/RoscoPC/lotus-43

More: http://www.motorpunk.co.uk/articles/lego-grand-prix-racers-man-cave-objet-dart/

MoreCashThanDash

Looks great – cheaper than the Unimog someone linked to yesterday?

csb

Looks horrific, massive holes everywhere. Air fix version would be better and paintable.

sirromj

It’s silly money, I’d probably instantly take it apart the moment its complete, but boy i’d enjoy building stuff with it. Want.

FTFY. Not played with Lego for twenty years or more, but that makes me want to.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Technic is my nemesis. I most of the major construction sets including the amazing crane 42009. I see it as an investment. The unimog was 100 bucks or so new….now its 300 +.

monkeychild
    Free Member

That is ming IMHO. That Lotus ^ is rather nice.

sirromj

It was more what was underneath the Porsche which made me like it. What’s the Lotus like underneath? Lego isn’t really for looking at once built.

bigdaddy

Its gorgeous – been waiting to see what colour it would be – the preproduction version had the black and white swirls and looked amazing, but like the orange even more. Thought I’d got the best technic model at Christmas when I got the merc truck, but he stakes have been raised! Need to start saving – it might even take money from the bike fund!

Love it

slimjim78
    Free Member

Totally agree, under the skin, the paddle shift box and engine configuration is awesome. Mind you, if you look at a large image of the general shape and squint your eyes it suddenly looks just like the GT3!

Non believers just take a look at the vid in the link, it’s an engineers moist dream.

That Lotus is blimmin nice too, how much does to cost to order by brick?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Incredible!

Added to the list of things I can’t afford.

vinnyeh

For anyone that might be interested, there’s a group buy for this (and a couple of other sets) on Pistonheads, price will be 15-20% below retail.

mogrim

Incredible!

Added to the list of things I can’t afford.

Me too 🙁

scaredypants

I admit it’s quite a long time since I was a kid but this all looks a bit “first take the specially moulded part A and fit it to specially moulded part B before fitting both to the specially moulded frame of you *ahem* Lego kit

(OK, so I only skimmed the video but ….)

Notter
    Free Member

@Scaredypants – according to the article the kit has required only 7 new parts to be introduced by Lego and these are mostly detailing (RS wheel logos, glove box plaque). Pretty cool really.

scaredypants

really – inc body panels, “spaceframe” etc ?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

If you watch all the video Scaredy, there’s a bit where they show the subframe / chassis etc and that’s where the real lego building happens, I suspect.

I built this last year and the body took maybe 30 minutes. The rest took hours and hours (’cause I’m pretty rubbish at it).

Notter
    Free Member

Lifted from the article:

Despite its enormity, the set features only seven new pieces, including two minor body parts, a couple of internal bits, RS-emblem wheelhubs and set-exclusive black wheels. There’s also tiny glovebox plaque with a laser-engraved serial number — digits which, says Lego, will unlock some special Web content for the car’s owner.

I love the fact that the build process follows the actual production line flow, lovely touch!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Handling is going to be sh1t though as it doesn’t have all the computers necessary to combat the inherently stupid design of the engine behind the rear wheels.

mudshark
    Free Member

Anyone ordered one?

redthunder
    Free Member

Looks dreadful. Imho.

However, the Lotus looks far, far better.

PJM1974
    Free Member

That Lotus is ace. Whoever built that is a bona fide brick genius.

mudshark
    Free Member

I wonder if it’ll increase in value in years to come like some of these?

http://www.techinsider.io/the-most-valuable-lego-sets-of-all-time-2016-1

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got the green 24 hour racer, and it’s bloody awesome! I like Airfix kits too, and obviously a plastic kit will always look more like the original object than Lego, but that totally misses the point of Lego. When did you last build an Airfix kit with working paddle shifters?!

Houns

Earlier this year I bought the massive yellow technic crane off eBay, brand new, unopened. Built it up over the course of a month, dismantled it, popped it back on eBay as used etc and made £40 profit

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve had the f40 sitting unbuilt for a few months. The right day will come when I whip my bricks out.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the new Lego Porsche yet?’ is closed to new replies.