Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Have we done the new "Cyclist gets instant karma" video yet?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Keep seeing this pop up on the social media feed. Wasn’t anyone from here was it?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoY3aDyahbc[/video]

toppers3933
    Free Member

Haha. What a douche.

binarysolo
    Free Member

Ha ha, brilliant!

MSP

To be fair, the car had no right to be beeping him.

fasthaggis

Commuter racing at the sharp end. 😆

Only with SARACEN ,can he feel the power.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

UR BIK IZ SARACIN

toppers3933
    Free Member

The rider doesn’t even glance over his shoulder before changing lanes. I think the driver has every right to be beeping him.

ahwiles
    Free Member

overtaking through a pinch-point, without a glance over his shoulder?

he won’t last long like that.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

overtaking through a pinch-point, without a glance over his shoulder?

+1

footflaps

overtaking through a pinch-point, without a glance over his shoulder? Riding into walls.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I can’t work out why he let the footage be uploaded??

footflaps

I can’t work out why he videos his commutes, must be the most boring video ever (unless he always has a comedy crash).

toppers3933
    Free Member

Because he’s a bellend. I’m confident he’s managed to blame the car.

martinhutch

The hairdresser car driver must have pissed himself/herself. I like how the other rider he’s just overtaken cruises on without a sideways glance.

tomd
    Free Member

wtf. Can’t understand that video at all.

bigshep
    Free Member

That’d be on London Road heading south from Waterloovile to Purbrook.
    Going to have to keep an eye out for him 😆

DezB
    Free Member

That’d be on London Road heading south from Waterloovile to Purbrook

That’s my commute! I’ll be looking out for the red Mazda 🙂

Problem is.. now this is something I never thought I’d say – he was looking for footage for his camera!
    That has to be the only explanation for him looking round for so long with his fingers up. Dopey twonk.
    MAzda shouldn’ta beeped him anyway.

(I think that might be an old video, pretty sure the pub isn’t there anymore..)

GrahamS

MAzda shouldn’ta beeped him anyway.

Why? Seems like a pretty legitimate use of the horn to me?

Rule 112
    The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence.

He pulled out to overtake, whilst riding through a pinch point, without so much as a backwards glance.

The Mazda warned him of his/her presence, which he clearly wasn’t aware of.

Seems legit.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

All sorts of wrong with that from all sorts of people. Overtaking at a pinch point is the main thing on all of them though. Cyclist didnt look, car driver shouldnt have been trying to overtake.

DezB
    Free Member

The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence.

Why is it people pretend stuff just cos they are typing on an internet forum?
    You know as well as I do WHY PEOPLE HOOT THEIR HORNS and it’s not for the reasons in the book.
    You can pretend otherwise if you like though.

chambord
    Free Member

You know as well as I do WHY PEOPLE HOOT THEIR HORNS

I HOOT MY HORN when I’m moving and need to warn other road users of my presence, why do you use yours?

EDIT:

I also do it when leaving the driveway of granny’s house – family tradition.

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t remember the last time I used it. I know if I overtake on my bike and I hear a horn it’s “OI Cyclist, get out of my way”. just like in the video.

wrecker
    Free Member

No probs with the mazda. Cyclist was being a bellend and he probably knew it.

chambord
    Free Member

Are you sure you aren’t overtaking in pinch points without looking?

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, I usually do that on that road cos it’s nice and safe.. 🙄
    Can’t all be perfect cyclists like you eh?

I know that bit of road and cars will always try to bully you once the crappy red cycle lane paint inexplicably runs out.

GrahamS

You know as well as I do WHY PEOPLE HOOT THEIR HORNS and it’s not for the reasons in the book.
    You can pretend otherwise if you like though.

I’m not pretending anything I’m saying that in this particular instance the driver of the Mazda was using the horn in exactly the manner prescribed in the Highway Code – so I’m not sure why you think that is wrong?

Personally I might have tooted him there too – if only to wake him up a bit before he got himself killed.

fasthaggis

I know if I overtake on my bike and I hear a horn it’s “OI Cyclist, get out of my way”.

Awww ,now that would be all wrong if I was behind you in a car Dez.
    Cos I would be giving ya the cheery wee double toot,just to let you know I was there an all that.
    Kinda “Alright mate,I am a cyclist myself ,so I was just giving you a bit advance notice,in case you got frightened like”.

🙂

avdave2

Years ago I’d put one of those mirrycycle mirrors on my bike and a friend decided he keep trying to sneak past in my blind spot. Going downhill he went flying past me turned round to give me a v sign and I watched amused as the road curved to the right and he went straight into the curb over the bars and into a garden wall. He walked away without injury but never tried it again.

chambord
    Free Member

I know that bit of road

I do not.

And I was only joking, I’m sure you always check over your shoulder before overtaking. Can’t say I ever get honked though so maybe drivers up here don’t honk so much.

I do think the cycle lane there is giving drivers the illusion that it is safe to overtake.

And I am still puzzled as to why the video was ever uploaded to the internet – I’d like to find the original and read the comments.

Cougar

Not entirely sure where you’re going with that. I use my horn pretty much exclusively to attract the attention of other road users.

Sure, some drivers use their horns to express anger or to bully slower-moving traffic into speeding up. But then some drivers are bellends.

DezB
    Free Member

Here’s the same bit of road, this morning!
    Notice how shit the cycle lanes are (yes, should be singular, shouldn’t it!).
    I don’t think the drain cleaning man should’ve overtaken me, personally. But I kept my eyes on the road, rather than looking over my shoulder 😆

[video]https://youtu.be/YgdVBk8ruK8[/video]

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

car driver shouldnt have been trying to overtake.

They’re not really trying to ‘overtake’ the cyclist though are they.

They’re in a different lane, the cyclist pulls out of their lane to overtake the slower cyclist and forces the Mazda to slow/brake, so he beeps his horn as the cyclist clearly didn’t see him (because he’s an idiot and didn’t look).

Same principle if you overtake on the motorway. Or even on a normal road with oncoming traffic, if you cross the white line you’ve got to give way to those on the other side.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Not sure what your point is with your vid dez. Also, what’s that rattle? That would drive me crackers. 😀

GrahamS

Is that a “Cycle Only” straight-on filter on those lights at the start of the video Dez?

How the other half live. Mind you, that’ll piss off drivers straight away as they see “cyclists jumping red lights” 🙄

Also, watching your judder-vision video makes me feel sick. You seriously need some damping in there somewhere!

Other than that I’m not sure of the point. The Dyno Rod guy looked like he waited till you were through the pinch before he overtook.

mrchrispy

bloodyhell Dez, is that camera suspended on bungee cords?

MoreCashThanDash

Finally got to watch the opening video – that is funny!

aracer
    Free Member

If the car isn’t trying to overtake the cyclist, then how are they forced to slow/brake? You’re not suggesting that the road is wide enough through the pinch point for the car to pass the cyclist safely there, simply because there’s a line painted on the road are you?

molgrips
    Free Member

Does the cyclist signal to overtake the slower cyclist?

v8ninety

Maybe he wasn’t trying to overtake, just attempting to take the primary position? Well, he failed hard, either way. He’s lucky it was an MX5 and not a Joda wagon, he’d have been a bonnet ornament by now…

aracer
    Free Member

He quite clearly does signal, but it’s hard to tell from the video whether he starts signalling before overtaking.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the new "Cyclist gets instant karma" video yet?’ is closed to new replies.