Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Have we done "Drunk man in a snow plough on the runway" yet?
  • Harry_the_Spider

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29702801

WTF? 😯

I used to fly a bit round eastern europe with my job and this is alarming.

z1ppy

Am I the only some who saw the report, and wondered if it should have sort of some conspiracy theory surrounding it?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

this is alarming

On all levels – how it happened/who he was/what it means for Total/etc etc… I’ve heard some fantastic tin-foil hat theories from clients within the industry already!

GrahamS

Am I the only some who saw the report, and wondered if it should have sort of some conspiracy theory surrounding it?

The last paragraph of the article certainly presents an easy launch pad for our foil-hatted friends:

According to Russia’s Vedomosti newspaper, Mr de Margerie had met Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev at his country residence outside Moscow to discuss foreign investment in Russia.

Total is one of the biggest foreign investors in Russia and is planning to double its output from the country by 2020.

What did he say that upset Medvedev?

Or, who benefits from slowing Total’s investment in Russia?

wwaswas

This is the workers canteen at the airport the crash happened at;

(via @shustry on twitter)

Harry_the_Spider

Choco Pie? I don’t know what it is but I want some.

hatter

I did think it a bit odd that the Russian investigators were so quick to declare the snow plough driver drunk, knowing full well of the international interest in this story and that this admission would play to all the ‘bumbling drunkard’ Russian stereotypes out there.

But if they’re trying to make something look like an accident why not give the press an explanation they’ll take great pleasure in believing?

Urrrgh, need apply Hanlon’s Razor to this one.

oldnpastit

Oil, Russia, unexplained deaths.

Not for the first time.

SaxonRider

When it comes to Russia, I unashamedly don my tinfoil hat. There is nothing the Russian State won’t do to satisfy its own ends, and a certain despotism is simply characteristic of its general modus operandi.

Klunk
    Free Member

I had a friend who caused an “incident” at Glasgow airport while driving a baggage trolley train, he took a wrong turning I don’t think he was drunk though.

sobriety
    Free Member

Bloomberg article

“Nothing prevents anyone from paying for oil in euros,” de Margerie told journalists at the Cercle des Economistes conference in Aix-en-Provence, France. “The price of a barrel of oil is quoted in dollars. A refinery can take that price and using the euro-dollar exchange rate on any given day, agree to make the payment in euros.”

So it was the Yanks then, and they’re making it look like it was the Russians 😉 (nervously)

julians
    Free Member

This is the workers canteen at the airport the crash happened at;

doubtful, Looks more like an executive lounge to me.

konabunny
    Free Member

I had a friend who caused an “incident” at Glasgow airport while driving a baggage trolley train, he took a wrong turning I don’t think he was drunk though.

Come tae Glasgo – we’ll set aboot ye.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tin Foil hats? Not going to be up to the job over there.
    Something more like this

anyway whats all this got to do with the sub?

piemonster

Choco Pie? I don’t know what it is but I want some.

+a billion

wallop

That’s odd – I read an earlier report which stated the driver of the snow plough had been killed as well. Contrary to the Beeb article linked above!

allthepies
    Free Member
    allthepies
    Free Member

North Korean workers at the Kaesong Industrial Complex in North Korea receive Choco Pies as part of their compensation. Prior to the closing of the complex during the 2013 Korean crisis, workers received up to 20 Choco Pies per day in addition to their wages. The workers would often resell the pies on the black market. After the complex’s five-month halt in operations, workers were cut back to a maximum of two Choco Pies per day

Let them eat cake pie!

matt_outandabout

I’m not commenting, in case my morning coffee Is served in a new mug that seems to have been dipped in polonium.
    😐

LHS
    Free Member

As above, to avoid any “sweetner” in my tea i won’t comment much, but this was no accident.

martinhutch

Just looks like a Tunnocks teacake with more cake and less tasty splodge. Nice though.

shermer75
    Free Member

Hard to see a motive as de Margerie was a supporter of Russia, looking to invest a ton of money there and criticised the sanctions imposed over Ukraine. My extensive research (watching those Russian dash cam videos on youtube) suggests to me that it probably was a drunk guy in a snow plough.

GrahamS

That’s odd – I read an earlier report which stated the driver of the snow plough had been killed as well.

Not yet he hasn’t…

kcal

quite.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

“Total boss plane crash” The combination of sensationalism and slang in the headline leads me to despair with the BBC.

Standards really are slipping

allthepies
    Free Member

OOps, someone leaked next week’s headlines.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Have we done "Drunk man in a snow plough on the runway" yet?’ is closed to new replies.