• This topic has 48 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Have we done AI robots destroying humanity?
  • sirromj

…and what could possibly go wrong having an always-on listening device sitting in our homes? (which of course our phones could be hacked to be too anyway)

Ok Google.

wilburt
    Free Member

I work from home it’s Hey Cortana play some music, Hey Siri set a reminder, Alexa whats 450568 / 3600 all day long.

If I want privacy I take the dogs for a walk!

yunki
    Free Member

There was a jokey piece the other day about AI machines generating motivational slogans and they were all:

Success starts with suicide.
    Self annihilation brings a better future.
    For the human race to achieve happiness it must first destroy itself.

Which makes sense.

IT nerds please correct me if I’m wrong, but surely AI ‘learns’ by rejecting former versions of itself in favour of each new version that has processed better logical information for a given situation?
    So it is in effect ‘killing’ itself over and over and being reincarnated as a better version of itself?

Stands to reason then, that it should see self destruction as a positive thing?
    Even with the best intentions, if AI were called upon to find solutions to the human condition, it’s first thought would be to reboot the species

ade9933
    Free Member

If I want privacy I take the dogs for a walk!

lol

slowoldman

9pm tonight BBC4 … if robots developed consciousness..

What a load of old rubbish that was.

Sonor
    Free Member

Facebook recently shut down their AI after two of their machines created their own language to communicate with each other.

And google translate’s AI has created its own language to do the same. Article here: New Scientist

DezB
    Free Member

Facebook recently shut down their AI after two of their machines created their own language to communicate with each other.

That’s the story (or the Mirror’s version of it) that prompted the thread…

What a load of old rubbish that was.
    Made for 10 year olds and Mirror readers I think. Turned it off when that bloke was wetting himself in the self driving Audi.

Sonor
    Free Member

That’s the story (or the Mirror’s version of it) that prompted the thread…

I didn’t click on the mirror link.

DezB
    Free Member

You should. It’s funny.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Have we done AI robots destroying humanity?’ is closed to new replies.