Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Have some mountain bikers gone a bit soft?
  • djglover
    Free Member

Under biked is better than over biked.

Over biked is just so SAAAAAAD

Suggsey
    Free Member

Quite agree which is why I ride the 456 as much as I can it will handle all but the biggest nastiest DH's as well as general 'riding' To be honest if I could only have one bike it would be the 456.

benji_allen
    Free Member

djglover – Member
    Under biked is better than over biked.

Over biked is just so SAAAAAAD

I'll dig out my mums old shopper then 😆

emac65
    Free Member

This thread started ok & then turned into the usual boswollox that most threads do.Who cares about weights,travel,seat up/down etc etc etc….
    As long as you're all enjoying your riding then who cares….. 😕

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

X BIKE IS TOO MUCH FOR X TRAIL….ETC

I sort of agree with that in some situations, if only because too much travel can render a given trail dull. Similarly too little travel can be a chore. Good thing the bike police don't have powers of arrest.

Bunnyhop

I ride a hardtail during the week on my local natural trails. At the weekend it's out with my 7 year old Juliana with 10c.m. of travel, which I love.

I really don't care that I don't have the bling or new bike it's all about the fun.

However after riding down Pecket well a few months ago, I really would have enjoyed it more with the saddle down.

jedi

over/under biked???? wtf

ride what ya brung

Pembo
    Free Member

Sax quite rightly mentions body position and seems to be the only person on this thread that 'gets it'. Just take a look at this picture of Steve Peat and think about it.

jedi

erm no he's not!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

He's also on about running the saddle high, doesnt look like Steve Peat is there

Pembo
    Free Member

And is arse is on the saddle, right???

PJ266
    Free Member

Jeeeeeeez, when you have your saddle up you cant be in that position, because your saddle would be hammering your sternum.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Our best local technical rider( and he is very ,very good) doesn't fanny about dropping and raising his saddle(in this country),but if folk want to to do it,carry on.

gordi
    Free Member

Take a shock pump and you can have fun on any bike on most trails.Experiment or just use what you have got and ENJOY

langy
    Free Member

Back on topic; yes, some have gone soft and look for any excuse – bike too heavy, saddle to high etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Have some mountain bikers gone a bit soft?’ is closed to new replies.