Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Have Shimano ditched flippy shifters?
  • sam_underhill

I really like my battered old original XTR flippy shifters. They still work ok, but I suspect the writing is on the wall for them

new 10 speed XT and the really shiny new XTR stuff seems to not feature any flippy shifters.

Do I need to re-embrace regular (rapid fire?) shifters?

grtdkad

Looks that way – will be a shame when mine expire 🙁

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've only got flippy shifters on one of my bikes (XTR M960) but also prefer them to rapid-fire.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

new 10 speed XT and the really shiny new XTR stuff seems to not feature any flippy shifters.

That'll be because it was utterly rubbish! The groupset of Satan!

grtdkad

Nah, they work like a dream and are utterly instinctive to use.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Work really well – shame if they've dropped them.

domino

I miss them, switched to rapid fire when I got my Yeti. I really liked them, as I have small hands I found them particularly good when changing up through the gears when riding at speed, no need to shift hand position.

Solo
    Free Member

😯

I hope Shimano haven't ditched DCLs.

All my bikes have them and I'd hate to have to use shitfer pods.
    🙁

Shimano, please tell us it aint so.

Solo

sam_underhill

Glad I'm not the only one after all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they continue making them.

njee20
    Free Member

No 10 speed Dual Controls from anything I've seen. They weren't that popular, can't say it's a surprise. Shame though, I liked them.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Can you still buy parts for them?
    I have an XTR set up on my Turner, although I prefer the rapid fires on my other bike as I get less delay in shifting and don't get 2 gears for the price of one which I find with the DCL (changed cables several times but maybe that's how it's supposed to be?).

They look better, less cluttered in pictures though!

tazzymtb

if anyone needs a set of the flippy flappy geary bit with brake leaver assembly (basically everything apart from the bar clamp and reservoir, which got turned into custom brakes for my SS) I have a pair of XTR 965 in the spares box.

still have the same model on my gearie and love them

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Have Shimano ditched flippy shifters?’ is closed to new replies.