Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Have my Fox Vanilla forks lost there rebound?
  • Mugboo

The forks are secondhand 140 Van R. They are the only pair of coil forks i've owned.
    Turning the rebound dial fully either way seems to make very little difference, they are very bouncy.
    Is this right?

My 36 Talas rebound dial makes a huge difference..

coatesy
    Free Member

Nope, should slow them down more than is useful when turned fully on, may be worth contacting Loco for possible cause/repair as he's just started a suspension tuning business and will be looking for work.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi, it maybe that the damper has some air in it especially if the forks haven't been used for a while and have been laying down or upside down.
    Put the rebound on full slow (full +) and compress the forks slowly 15/20 times, they should slow down nicely as the air gets bled out.
    If not mail in profile and I'll see what I can do, may not get reply today as out and about with the family 😀

Mugboo

Cheers guys i'll give that a try.

Mugboo

Seems to have worked, cheers you guys 😉

julians
    Free Member

Does this approach work on all fox forks?

I have a set of 2005 36 R TALAS forks, and the rebound adjust seems to do nothing until the last couple of clicks when it slows it down quite a bit.

LoCo
    Free Member

The 36's have a sealed damper unit (FIT cartridge) So the damper cartridge bleed doesn't apply.
    The adjustment on the rebound circuit of the forks should give a larger range of adjustment than full fast with a some control on the last 2 clicks.
    FIT cartridges do need to be serviced every year really to keep them tip top.
    It could be that it's got a bit oil air in it causing the problem, any squelchy, sucky noises in operation?

julians
    Free Member

Its silent throughout the travel, it doesnt make any squelchy noises (unlike my last set of marzocchis).

it is due a service, I guess I should take it in soon.

LoCo
    Free Member

Mail in profile, if any details needed. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Have my Fox Vanilla forks lost there rebound?’ is closed to new replies.