• This topic has 39 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by simmy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Have I just got my self into bother? Fly tipping content.
  • doh
    Free Member

Couple of weeks ago 4 large bags of trash appeared near the house in a ditch, we are on a private road with only access to a couple of houses. I finally got round to lifting the bags today and to my great surprise there was a letter with an address.
    Long story short the woman in the house was most upset when I dumped it on her doorstep along with the letter. Will I end up with the police at my door to get me for fly tipping or an irate boyfriend wanting revenge on me.
    Wish I had just put it in the bin now:(

ThePinkster

How are they going to trace you? If you just returned their rubbish to them at an address not on your street surely they’ll need to waste quite a bit of time trying to track you down.

If the police turn up on your door step (TBH I very much doubt they will) just tell ’em you returned their rubbish which they’d fly tipped on your road.

Don’t see the problem personally.

matt_outandabout

Did you put a letter with your address in back in the bags you left with her?

binners

Legoman
    Free Member

Good on ya!

What did she actually say? Deny all knowledge, or just angry/embarressed at being rumbled?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

if she fly tipped it herself then I guess she knows roughly where you live… time to put up the barbed wire, cameras and grenade launchers.

jekkyl

I think the problem might be, if he’s the sort of knucklehead who doesn’t care about dumping rubbish in someone else’s street he’s likely the sort of knucklehead who wouldn’t think twice about thumping someone who dumped a load of rubbish on his doorstep while he was out.

jimmy

good on ya. a nobbish neighbour of ours dumps wheelbarrows of stuff down the bank into the river (for all to see). Boils ma piss, I tell you.

dbcooper
    Free Member

I know someone who got caught flytipping because they left their mail in with the rubbish. Good.
    You should have called the council, it’s still illegal even if it’s on private land.

martinhutch

My council did sweet FA when I contacted them about a fly-tip with identifiable documents in it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I simply took reasonable steps to return lost property to it’s owner, which I thought the law obliged me to do, constable.

Splendid Sir, cheerio.

But as above, bet you never hear a thing about it.

neilthewheel

I found bags of rubbish on a footpath, containing names, addresses and other identifying documents. I tracked the owner down through Facebook. She was a law student who had recently graduated. She says she put out all her rubbish for the council to take. In which case it was either her landlord or someone looking to steal an identity.
    OP was just returning property to its rightful owner.

doh
    Free Member

Bags where full of Xmas detritus obviously didn’t have room in their bins and wanted it gone. Taken photos of the letter it is something quite personal from hospital about one of her kids so I took that as pretty good proof. The even more galling thing is that they drove past the bank of wheelie bins at the bottom of he drive to dump it next to houses.
    Slightly expecting some idiot that likes fighting to turn up.

She was at the window wathching me as I walked up her path, when she opened the window I asked if she knew X. Who wants to know was the answer and when I showed the letter she started shouting that it’s not her. When asked if she had any id she disappeared after threatening to call the cops.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Good for you OP. Nice to see someone taking some personal responsibility rather than just phoning the authorities about every little thing.

senorj

Fair play.
    A scrote left half a dozen bags of rubbish outside my house t’other week. After a little rummage I found a name and address.
    40 odd doors down my road!! – So off I popped and put them all right in outside the culprits front door. I did knock but there was no answer.

porter_jamie

good work sir!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

jimmy – Member

good on ya. a nobbish neighbour of ours dumps wheelbarrows of stuff down the bank into the river (for all to see). Boils ma piss, I tell you.

Photograph the pillock – borrow a long lensed camera? Send pics to the polis?

project
    Free Member

Lady customer i had, discussing the job with her,council builders van outside relaying the roadway, passenger drops 2 mc donalds milk shake cartons on road as we watched, she ran out and picked them up, banged on side of widow, passenger opened window, she then dropped them on his legs, should have drunk all his milk shake, he hadnt, covered in the stuff.

2 very unhappy council builders.

A few years ago new cycle path opened in chester, dog walkers dog crapped on path, she eventually bagged it , waited for me to pass then dropped it at side of path, i rode back and shouted her she`d left something, tirade of abuse, so i lauched it over a garden fence, anguished neighbour shouting abuse about dog shit bag thrown over fence, i pointed out i didnt have a dog, she then had a tirade of the neighbour saying he would follow her home and make a deposit on her dor step.

Dont get mad get even and return flytiping.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

When I first started riding around the local forest I was surprised to see on the roads plastic shopping bags with beer cans stc. Thought nothing of it except how could people dump rubbish. Then driving behind one of those small refuse trucks that collect bottles, aluminium etc I saw a couple bags fall off the wagon as it drove along with the side bin doors open. Emailed council but they still don’t shut the bin doors and theirs still little bags of rubbish along the road at the corners.

AdamW
    Free Member

In my local town there is a decent recycling centre near the leisure centre. Every christmas complete idiots turn up and just throw rubbish there as the bins are quickly filled to overflowing.

Fortunately this year there has been a camera (with plenty of notices telling people about it) and people on faceache are complaining about receiving fixed-penalty fines for tipping.

Good.

wwaswas

Re: dumping stuff in the river – I think it’s the Environment Agency who deal with that and they take it very seriously. Worth calling them.

Sandwich

Send pics to the polis

Environment Agency every time. Polluting the watercourse can get expensive for the polluter.

ken_shields
    Free Member

I don’t get the hanging dog plop bags off of trees……why pick it up and bag it to then put it on a branch like the worlds worst christmas tree chocolate decoration

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I was speaking in ignorance it seems, but the sentiment was correct, screw them over the little shits!

hot_fiat

I don’t get the hanging dog plop bags off of trees

This really, really boils my pi$$. I have no idea what goes through the mind of someone who does this, especially in some FC woodland where there are now numerous signs to just stick & flick it off the trail. What on earth do they expect is going to happen to it?

Pook

Riding up on to the moor last summer there was a big 4×4 merc with two lads in it. As we were able 20 yds away a bottle of lucozade was thrown or of the driver’s window. I just rode up, picked it up and lobbed it back in his car. Tosser.

theotherjonv

I don’t get the hanging dog plop bags off of trees..

It’s so you don’t have to carry it round. Hang it from a tree, and then collect for disposal when you return. Not such a dumb idea really.

Except the only people who do it seem to have such lousy **** memories that they never remember to come back the same way, and if they do their pitiful brains seem to fail them in this basic task. Jeremy Hunts, the lot of them 😈

wilburt
    Free Member

All very commendable but I have a few concerns…

Firstly “trash” are you nine and brought up on a diet of Victorious and the Simpsons.
    Secondly someone who can afford a house on a private road should be able to work out the likelyhood of prosecution for fly tipping without asking a cycling forum.
    Thirdly the addressee of the mail was “upset” did you talk to her then, what was her excuse for the dumping the bags in your road?

TBH as it stands I call BS.

tymbian
    Free Member

Woah Wilbert…calm down mate.

RobHilton
    Free Member

TBH

BS

R u 9 & bought ? on a diet of txt spk?

likelyhood

Tsk, pendant fail.

bruk

People are bloody stupid though. Once had a box of kittens dumped outside the surgery in the pouring rain one morning.

You would have maybe thought to remove the big sticker with your address on it 1st before using the box?

Not these people. Cue phone call to RSPCA and a visit from an angry Inspector.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Secondly someone who can afford a house on a private road should be able to work out the likelyhood of prosecution for fly tipping without asking a cycling forum.

Watch out the plebs are revolting….I never knew that to live on a private road there was an entrance exam.

antigee

mikewsmith – Member

Watch out the plebs are revolting….I never knew that to live on a private road there was an entrance exam.

might just be an unadopted road, pretty sure that could have impact on self esteem and needing approval from others

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Panem et circus

maccruiskeen

cool you boots Sherlock. I live on a private road. Its a private road, not my private road, not even partly my road. The private rather than public ownership of the tarmac has nothing to do with the value of the property or the means of the occupiers. The relevance to the private status of the road and the reason for the OP mentioning it is its fall outside of the remit of the council to deal with anything dumped there or to pursue the people who do it.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Not these people. Cue phone call to RSPCA and a visit from an angry Inspector.

This must have been a very long time ago…

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The usual reason for having a private roads is because they fail to meet the standards required for adoption by the local authority.

Cougar

People are bloody stupid though. Once had a box of kittens dumped outside the surgery in the pouring rain one morning.

I was working at an RSPCA branch once, and it was an eye-opener. Very nearly every single phone call was “can you take a cat?” After being the 90th person to be told “sorry, we’re absolutely full”, one member of the intellectual proletariat decided to drive over anyway and dump a box of kittens in the car park. Suppose it’s a step up from the canal at least.

One of the staff members ended up taking them home overnight as there was nothing else they could do with them. What happened to them after that I’ve no idea.

mt
    Free Member

Burgers?

simmy
    Free Member

I was working at an RSPCA branch once, and it was an eye-opener. Very nearly every single phone call was “can you take a cat?” After being the 90th person to be told “sorry, we’re absolutely full”, one member of the intellectual proletariat decided to drive over anyway and dump a box of kittens in the car park. Suppose it’s a step up from the canal at least.

One of the staff members ended up taking them home overnight as there was nothing else they could do with them. What happened to them after that I’ve no idea.

This happens regular, Mum works for the RSPCA and it’s not uncommon for this to happen. Chances are they will have had to keep them at the member of staff’s home till a space came clear, they will have been rehomed.

I’m sure that through some silly legal loophole the morons can’t get prosecuted as they have left them ” in a place of safety ” unlike the idiots who dumped some Pups outside a supermarket few weeks ago and the froze to death.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Have I just got my self into bother? Fly tipping content.’ is closed to new replies.