Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Have a word with yourselves.
  • finbar
    Free Member

Adults on micro-scooters…… Wind it in

I’m a pretty nice, live-and-let-live kind of person, but when I see grown up men and women commuting on scooters I do judge them a little bit.

66deg
    Free Member

Had a word.

Didn’t have the slightest clue what I was talking about.

The fact that you listened is all that matters.

P.S Any update on the steak bake.

66deg
    Free Member

Blokes who are following the beard and slickback hair trend (no doubt with a tattoo “sleeve”)
    Have a word with yourself: You are not an individual.

My wife hates this trend ,i have a promise of a one way ticket to Syria for even thinking about doing it .

tomhoward

My wife hates this trend ,i have a promise of a one way ticket to Syria for even thinking about doing it .

Always have an exit strategy

66deg
    Free Member

I have , i’ts a ticket to Iraq.

Duggan

Most of this hating on hipsters or people who try and dress fashionably just reeks of male middle aged insecurity tbf. Not everyone has to spend their life in 10 year old trainers falling apart at the seams and a fleece they picked up in Millets in Ambleside.

edhornby

People who still use/find amusing the ‘keep calm and carry on’ poster and its variations… Beyond lame… Sorry but it really is lame

seavers
    Free Member

• People who fall asleep at work and are only awoken by the sound of their own farts.

Ummmm I fart myself awake on a regular basis and it gives me sleepy amusement and an undeserved sense of accomplishment. I will not be having a word with myself.

user-removed
    Free Member

Not everyone has to spend their life in 10 year old trainers falling apart at the seams and a fleece they picked up in Millets in Ambleside.

I was actually despairing my lost sense of dignity this morning, when I realised I was wearing a pair of ancient, cheap-ass, shapeless, Craghopper winter fleece-lined trousers, a T-shirt with a cat on it and a fleece jacket and a pair of Sports Direct Karrimor clown-shoes. And I need a haircut and a shave 🙁

scaredypants

I tried to have a word with myself but the bluetooth hadn’t paired up properly so I had to leave myself a message 🙁

CountZero

footflaps – Member
    Grown men wearing Inca stylie woolly hats.
    WTF are they doing wearing a hat when it’s still summer? I cycled to work in a T shirt and shorts today….

I’m riding to work wearing a pair of Vietnam-era Tigerstripe camo combats which have been hacked off just below the knees, whatever old tee takes my fancy, (a Madder Rose one the last couple of days), an old but serviceable pair of Vans SPUD shoes without the Spuds, a 1994 Vail World’s fleece gilet with an equally ancient Buffalo MTB Windshirt, so I’m not in a position to comment really, but the bloke who came in as one of our temps the last couple of days, working in a really rather warm environment and wearing a big thick wooly bobble-ski hat just looked like a complete tit!

senorj

People at work who get a little bit of power and turn into Stalin* .
    Trot on.
    (*other dictators available)

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Ventriloquists, have a word…

DezB
    Free Member

Most of this hating on hipsters or people who try and dress fashionably just reeks of male middle aged insecurity tdf

Clueless. It’s about people who think they’ve got style cos they copy someone else.
    Have a word with yourself.

metalheart
    Free Member

Hmm, I have a big white beard (no hipster haircut, not enough up top for that).

Who am I supposed to have a word with…. ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

A santa claus agent ?

dudeofdoom

Most of this hating on hipsters or people who try and dress fashionably just reeks of male middle aged insecurity tbf. Not everyone has to spend their life in 10 year old trainers falling apart at the seams and a fleece they picked up in Millets in Ambleside.

+1 and I’m middle aged, an still wearing my office shorts and dodgy on-one tshirts but bit cold for my flip flops.

Winter gear will be Abercrombie slim fit jeans… Gotta love the cycling life style never had a 34 inch waist when I was 20.

Duggan

Most of this hating on hipsters or people who try and dress fashionably just reeks of male middle aged insecurity tdf

Clueless. It’s about people who think they’ve got style cos they copy someone else.
    Have a word with yourself.

It’s just fashion- most of this hating on hipsters is one-way. They don’t care what you’re wearing and probably have no opinion on it whatsoever. Yet you’re quietly seething about their choice of clothes and how they ‘think they’ve got style’ and what a massive hypocrisy their life is to you.

Like I say, seems very defensive and like you have a big chip on your shoulder. I’m not a hipster myself and am as unfashionable as the next person, but I don’t see why people deciding to dress a certain way bothers everyone so much.

66deg
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

They don’t care what you’re wearing and probably have no opinion on it whatsoever.

Hipsters are fashion victims, they do care what you wear and they will notice.

We like cycling and we notice bikes they like fashion they notice clothes

benji
    Free Member

Blonde bimbos driving minis have a word with yourself that way you won’t be on your phone.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Onanists, have a…. Oh, you already are.

DezB
    Free Member

Like I say, seems very defensive and like you have a big chip on your shoulder.

Sorry duggan, please don’t think I care that much. It’s just words on the innernet fer a laugh 😉

Never been able to grow a bloody beard though.

philjunior
    Free Member

The only thing I dislike about the hipsters is I get beard envy.

But they have good bars, so they’re fine by me. And they give me and a colleague the opportunity to have “no, you’re the bigger hipster” arguments.

People working late competitively though, have a word with yourselves. No-one is impressed that you don’t have a life/have poor time management skills.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Word up.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Have a word with yourselves.’ is closed to new replies.