Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Haugh woods, herefordshire
  • jpgoodlad
    Free Member

Hiya – I know this has been done before but looking to revisit my biking past and actually ride the thing.am lucky to live within sight of the above and am looking forlocals to turn into mates…. anyone a master of this pparticular piece of wooded magicery. Regards jp

T1000
    Free Member

Not since I moved away 20 yrs ago….. Try popping in to Coombes cycles they’ll probably be able to put you in touch with some folks

jpgoodlad
    Free Member

Coombes – posssibly now climb on bikes. Thanks chap

T1000
    Free Member

Coombes is still going they’ve just moved next door …. Third shop they’ve been in they’ve been moving steadily towards hightown and should relocate to near M&S in another 200 yrs…..

emma82
    Free Member

coombes and climb on are two different places!

Haven’t been up to Hough woods for ages but would imagine it’s a boggy nightmare at the moment. A lot of westwood has been shut off too now as it was sold privately so you can’t park in the westwood car park 🙁

jpgoodlad
    Free Member

Okay cool. Hadnt heard of Coombes so thanks I’ll try and find them – anyone else ridden there recently..?

emma82
    Free Member

if you know Hereford at all coombes are opposite the Main Entrance to the multi storey car park. climb on is just down the road towards the school but turn right just before the school.

BigTed
    Free Member

I live about half a mile from Haugh Woods, happy to show you what I know/ride although it’s not everyone’s cup of tea – drop me an e-mail.

Oh, and Coombes and Climb On are completely different shops although relatively close together.

zangolin
    Free Member

My local trails same as Big Ted above – was riding there last night – bit of a mudfest in places but lots of drier parts if you know were to go – plus all the other stuff behind Fownhope.

trusty

I’d be interested in heading out round there again if anyone’s riding, I work in hereford but haven’t ridden there in years. It would make a change from the mud around Ludlow where I usually ride, at least I’d get to ride some different mud! As said above, most of westwoods (including all the dh runs as far as I could see) have now gone.

Alex

I was there yesterday on the cross bike. Some bits nice and dry, some bits properly horrid. Tim – you’ll havet to show me the bits around fownhope. There looks to be some good stuff there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Haugh woods, herefordshire’ is closed to new replies.