Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Hats and the like
  • bubs

So what do you wear in the sun? I have very short hair and will be doing a lot of field work soon. I can’t stand baseball caps but I am also not in the Panama hat age bracket. A loaf shaped head doesn’t help matters.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Baldy here, and casually wear something like this:

the-muffin-man

One of these for me – being follicly challenged it keeps the sun of the back of my neck too…

Antique Leather Hat

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Akubra territory
    http://www.hatsbythe100.com.au/akubra-territory-hat-santone-fawn.html
    Or my rampage hat
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/zHE5P1]IMG_3865[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr

SaxonRider

It’s good to see other people’s ideas, as for far too long it has felt like one of the only commonly acceptable hats for men has been the baseball cap.

WTF? I mean, the snapback? Who ever thought that those would be cool or attractive in any way?!?

jimdubleyou

commonly acceptable hats for men has been the baseball cap

Is a baseball cap is ever acceptable, unless you are actually playing baseball?

binners

Something along these lines (I’ve got quite a selection) is essential once the temperature gets into double figures, otherwise my big baldy bonce ends up looking like an angry tomato

Baseball caps are NEVER acceptable unless you are actually a baseball player. And even then….

ThePinkster

I wear something very similar to this most of the time –

However if it’s windy/rainy and I might need to put a hood up I resort to one of these –

DezB
    Free Member

What the cool kidz are wearing in the summer

maccruiskeen

for far too long it has felt like one of the only commonly acceptable hats for men has been the baseball cap.

Its open season now – anything goes

Northwind

Cowboy hat. Fully aware I look like a knob but it’s a great hat. Keeps sun off, keeps rain off.

Not for the sun but I’d just like to take a moment to sing the praises of the sealskinz baseball cap. Waterproof baseball cap! Doesn’t blow off! Folds into pocket! Fantastic kit. And doesn’t make you look like as much of a fanny as most baseball caps, because it’s actually head shaped.

Notter
    Free Member

Don’t have one myself but my OH’s Tilley hat is very nice and apparently perfect in the sunshine (she’s not a baldy btw…!)

http://www.tilley.com/uk_en/men/hats/warm-weather%5D

Cougar

One of these for me

I’ve got one of those, but it’s somewhat hot for this weather. Treated myself to a Tilly last year and it’s brilliant.

http://www.outdoorkit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=20757

thestabiliser
    Free Member

This is my ‘go to’ titfer

letmetalktomark

I wear a cap and have never played baseball 😥

Mind you they aren’t anything like that one above ^^

binners

chubstr
    Free Member

A worn in Red Sox baseball cap, curved brim, none of that flat peaked teenager nonsense

Zoomer

Pigface
    Free Member

Whats wrong with baseball caps, bend the peak and bobs your uncle, take off all the stickers as well. Don’t get that at all but then I am a Wurthers sucking oldie 😆

Go in style with one of these

MrSmith
    Free Member

A worn in Red Sox baseball cap

How are the Sox doing these days? is Ortiz going to hang on for another season?
    (use google and you fail)

willard

Something like this, pretty much all the time really…

Pigface
    Free Member

Red Sox humped the yankees yesterday 😆

I quite fancy a proper panama, although they’re not cheap.

How old do you have to be to own one?

bruneep

Sorry it’s by invitation only

willard

Do you own a Rover or a caravan? If not, you can’t have one.

mogrim

Another vote for a Tilley hat.

Although I’ve also got one of these, a freebie after drinking too much and good for going to the beach:

binners

Is the velcro at the front of that baseball cap for sticking cuddly toys too?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

When rowing many, many years ago I wore two baseball caps. One to protect the eyes and one to protect the neck.
    Cool as.

petec
    Free Member

a tilley, made out of hemp.

You really can bash and squash them to within an inch of it’s life, and it’s still perfect. Great on the river, or in the garden.

And they come in a load of sizes so you can get one that properly fits.

And none of the really old people have the hemp ones, so you don’t look like a complete knobba.

Scapegoat

When rowing many, many years ago I wore two baseball caps. One to protect the eyes and one to protect the neck.

Four and you’d have saved your ears too.

Or three, and swap the side one round depending which way you were heading.

maccruiskeen

Is the velcro at the front of that baseball cap for sticking cuddly toys too?

In accordance with the prophecy when you meet someone who’s hat has the hooky half of the velcro you’re compelled to marry them and together you’ll rule the kingdom and all darkness will be banished and Snickers will be called Marathons again.

I’m pretty sure mrsfry has a hat just like that.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Or three, and swap the side one round depending which way you were heading.

It’d have to be four, three would upset the balance of the boat.

loddrik
    Free Member

Got a couple of North face heritage caps. Very seldom seen without one. When I’m not wearing one it’s probably as I’m wearing a helmet.

lunge

Surely the discerning cyclist needs only 1 type of head wear, the casquette, see here:

and here

sandwicheater

Was having this chat on weekend.

The Tilly hat ticks all the boxes but, i’ve not given up on life enough yet to get one.

Anything that doesn’t say ‘I’ve died a little inside’ but is as practical as the Tilly?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Baseball caps.

I is down wiv da kidz.

binners

Are you not ready to go ‘Full Boycott’ yet then sandwich eater? 😉

tazzymtb

AHTBM cycle cap for twatting about in (the velominazi rules can get shoved up the bum of the first git that spouts them :D) or an old raceface military style cap.

sandwicheater

LOL, can’t bring myself to even try them on binners. But the hair get’s thinner every time I look 😳
    Note to self, stop looking.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Eh? Eh?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Hats and the like’ is closed to new replies.