Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hate spiders, caught this one in my fridge!
  • wukfit
    Free Member

Scared the hell out of me Friday morning, shut the door and psyched myself up all day to catch it when I got home
    I live in uk, and assume it got in with fruit or veg
    [/url] image by wukfit, on Flickr[/img]

Sorry for bad pic, it’s in a jar

Anyone know what it is?

Tom83

How big is it?

wukfit
    Free Member

Just over an inch inc. legs roughly

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

That, my friend, is a woodlouse spider. Vicious looking things, and one of the few species in the UK capable of biting through human skin. But like the rest, not dangerous.

IainFP
    Free Member
    wukfit
    Free Member

Goes away and googles woodlouse spider

Female specimens are 11–15 mm long while males are 9–10 mm

Guess I’m over exaggerating on size, getting cm’s and inches confused maybe, the ladies hate it when I do that!

Thanks SFN

garage-dweller

I would be more concerned about the woodlice one presumes the op has clearly been storing in the fridge. It must have climbed in for something and it wasnt the warm environment.

roper
    Free Member

The cold will probably kill it or at least slow it down. The accepted way to euthanize arthropods is to put them in a freezer. The cold slows them down to a stop. They are great spiders though so it would be good to set it free.

MrNutt
    Free Member

THEY ARE NOT GREAT SPIDERS!!

My first floor flat ended up besieged by those nasty biting **** for three bloody years!! thats three years of ENORMOUS PAINFUL ITCHY GIANT FLEA BITES that have the added bonus of going scabby and a bit septic.

Those bastards would bite me for no damn reason and even attack from the other side of the room upon putting your foot down from a stool.

KILL EM ALL!! KILL EM WITH FIRE!!!

Vern0n
    Free Member

Them is nasty, set it free a long way from home :0)

Or kill it

hoodoo
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t do a Google image search for camel spider

eskay

Vicious looking things, and one of the few species in the UK capable of biting through human skin.

Well I have encountered the one of the other varieties!

Several years ago there was one of the massive ‘house’ spiders with the big black legs mooching across my living room floor. As I usually do (did) I scooped it up with my hand to put it outside and the sod bit me. I was quite shocked, I did not realise that UK spiders bit (naive I know). It drew blood from two pin-prick holes on the end of my middle finger.

I was the last human he bit.

Vern0n
    Free Member

UK Spiders

worth a read over breaksfast….

yummy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hate spiders, caught this one in my fridge!’ is closed to new replies.