Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Hashing – weirdos?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

There's a chapter here in Madrid, I've never been tempted.

They're everybloodywhere! 😉

doug_basqueMTB.com

Round here they don´t use flour, they dump shredded paper all over the mountains. It takes months to rot away and most certainly is littering. If they´re so into running why don´t they run round afterwards and pick it back up.

aracer
    Free Member

But then to try to knock someone cos they know themselves well enough to realise that something isn't for them, without needing to try it.
    Is really narrow minded, judgemental.

Ah, I must have missed the strange STW forum rule where calling people "weirdos" simply means "it isn't for me". Maybe you should check who in this thread is knocking who.

p.s. I've never been running in a red dress, don't drink shandy, have no problems making friends or riding a bike, but well done for your stereotyping – oh and your previous strawman was also really good.

Houns

I've just looked at my local hashing website..There's a couple of very nice women in the photies

iDave
    Free Member

calling people "weirdos"

I questioned, not called. Hence the question mark in the title. Or are you too judgemental to see that?

houns, yeah fair point but they're all weirdos

konabunny
    Free Member

it's a big expat thing. yes, it does seem a bit huzzah to me – but luckily no-one's ever put a gun to my head and forced me along.

U31
    Free Member

ffs will someone explain this 12% rule?

BigJohn

ffs check my link earlier.

It says "don't go into a bar, restaurant, club etc if more than 12% of the people in there are dark skinned".

Not a rule I adhere to. One of the best nights was in Warmdaddy's blues bar in the scary part of Philadelphia when I and one of the barmen where the only two white guys in.

molgrips
    Free Member

iDave
    Free Member

i'd prefer not to go into bars where less than 12% of the people were dark skinned……

stucol
    Free Member

iDave, thanks for finally helping me figure out what the little heaps of something were on my local trails.

I have spent literally seconds over the last few weeks trying to think why anyone would sprinkle stuff at every junction.

I can finally sleep !!

evilsovereign
    Free Member

i used to do it when i lived in west germany in the mid 90's. it was a laugh, an excuse for some fun and beer with friends

Travis

well for those of you who don't like running, you could try this

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

oh and your previous strawman was also really good

IIRC, last time I exchanged posts with you was when you were beating-up on someone for divulging one of your secret, free parking spaces near Afan.

Like a cheap bully, you pull a knife, but when someone turns round and pulls a sword, you start to cry.

You're hillarious. I'm laughing.
    😆

Have you ever tried contributing on here, in a positive way ?.

Yes, the title for this thread included the all important '?'.
    Clear for all to see, the OP was canvasing opinion.
    But don't let that get in your way of trying to flame someone.

CC.

aracer
    Free Member

IIRC, last time I exchanged posts with you was when you were beating-up on someone for divulging one of your secret, free parking spaces near Afan.

You don't recall so well – I remember the thread as I started it, and was expressing surprise at having not heard of the parking place before (hence it wasn't my secret place and I was divulging its location). Having checked, you felt the need to direct abuse in my direction for no particularly obvious reason, so can we just determine here who exactly is the bully, who's flaming, and (given unlike me you've not posted much since then) who doesn't contribute much on here in a positive way?

So the question mark makes up for the fact the OP clearly had already made his mind up and wasn't really canvassing at all – as evidenced by further entrenchment when some of us attempt to make a positive contribution by explaining it better for him? I could of course just have used a strawman like you (do you need that explaining to you?)

Dickyboy

90 minute jog with a few mates each tuesday night round the chilterns, don't really do the down down thing, took a while to get into it but at the end of the day it's a bit of regular exercise & the chance to find some cracking pubs to boot, just wish there was a local mtb club doing the same sort of thing on a Thursday night say 😉

Dickyboy

Oh yeah & there are bashers too 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

sounds ideal, apart from all the running and meeting people.

epicyclo

Used to do it. Great fun. Got to meet lots of happy drunk fit women.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Hashing – weirdos?’ is closed to new replies.