Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Has this "brand new" bike been resprayed?
  • crazy-legs

They've done *something* to it but the Turner decals look genuine. Having said that, Argos are very good at doing matching decals as well…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If Argos HAVE resprayed it, they've only made it better. 🙂 You won't get better than Agos paint, IME.

tops5
    Free Member

Possibly so PP but advertised as built and never ridden!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes, I see your point. I've just had a close look through the pics and it's VERY hard to tell how new it all is. There's some corrosion on the discs, but no clear pic of the cassette which would give the game away.
    Personally, I'd say it has been ridden, the frame anyway

Have a look at the graphics here

They look worn to me. I'd ask sone pointed questions about the Argos work, the wear on the transfer and the discs myself….. It's still a nice bike, mind 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Looks like in the pics it's being sold by a bike shop, or someone who works at a bike shop in Harrogate (they are also offering to take Credit card payment). Psychlosports are Turner dealers, so it might have come from there. But it doesn't look like the outside of Psychlosports or Boneshakers, maybe Ace Cycles or Spa cycles. I can't believe that anyone would ever build a brand new bike like that and then never ride it once, but then, if you own a bike shop or have access to dozens of bikes, then maybe. I would contact them and ask questions.

clubber
    Free Member

Funny, I don't really rate Argos paint as it seems less tough that the £30 job from a local enammelling place.

They are brilliant for the actual design/execution though.

tinribz
    Free Member

New my ar$e, take a look at the rust on the disks and chain, plus the decals look worn , and there are scuffs on the forks. The big ring doesn't look exactly mint either. New tyres maybe. The Argos sticker is a dead give away.

Possibly a not well cared for demo bike? But deffo not unridden.

emac65
    Free Member

Looking at the picture above I would imagine it's been in a Thule(or the like)roof carrier a good few times….

ianpinder
    Free Member

if its a bs then they would have the descdriptions right, i.e. mono mini 4pots = mono m4s, high roller sticky = highroller super tacky amongst other things

GaryLake
    Free Member

NOT THE USUAL SCALLY CRAP THAT YOU FIND ON EBAY.

Oh the irony!

Wozza
    Free Member

Are they plastic pedals?

momo

Er, is it just me that's noticed that it's a Horst Link bike, not a TNT one? surely that dates it to 2006/07.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Last HL was 2006 I think?

st

looks like a SH frame resprayed with new bits, nice bike but not exactly listed correctly perhaps.

tinsy
    Free Member

Now I could be talking cobblers, but am sure I read of a high end manufacturer that sent any warranty paintwork defects to Argos for re finishing, a google hasnt come up with a make, but maybe its Turner?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Has this "brand new" bike been resprayed?’ is closed to new replies.