Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Has Polyfilla changed their formulation +general purpose filler recommendations?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

Boring subject i know so apologies before i start.
    I used to always buy a big box of Polyfilla when decorating and found it easy to use . it always came out a creamy beigy sort of colour and was easy to work with. Recently I’ve bought a few different boxes of budget filler powder including PF and they all seem to give a more crystalline sandy and coarse finish and tend to be white. I find them more awkward to work with and am not keen on the results. Does anyone know if the older beige formulation still exists + recommendations pls for alternatives.
    Thanks in advance
    Bill

trail_rat
    Free Member

gyproc easifil

Shrinks less than polyfilla -i always found pollyfilla to crack regardless of what i did

nemesis
    Free Member

What’s the stuff that dries almost like sandstone so that it’s a doddle to sand smooth without clogging the sandpaper?

nickjb
    Free Member

gyproc easifil

+1. Good stuff.

rondo101
    Free Member

Red-devil one-time

McHamish
    Free Member

Yep…easyfill all the way.

it’s much nicer to use than any premixed stuff.

dooosuk
    Free Member

gyproc easifil

This +another

After a recent hassle with tubbed filler on a freshly skimmed wall not covering very easily when painted, I bought some of this, mixed it up and shall never be buying the old stuff again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Has Polyfilla changed their formulation +general purpose filler recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.