• This topic has 39 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by pb2.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Has everyone downed tools for Xmas early this year?
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Or is it just me?

We’re usually pretty busy until the week before, but this year it seems the balloon went up on the 1st and everyone seems to be in “Sod it, I’ve had two pints and three mince pies for lunch and I’m putting my feet up” mode.

I’m hoping for a resurgence of normality for next week, I’ve got targets to hit!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Yep.

Don’t tell the school-fee-paying parents 🙂

jekkyl

Just sorting out my work diary for christmas week! due to a bad draw from the hat I’m working the 27th Bahhhhh. There’ll be nobody here though apart from me and 2 others so it’s unlikely there’ll be much work done that day.

jam-bo

not yet but whole company has just been given an extra, compulsory 3 days leave so the place is shutting down between christmas and new year.

which given I’d banked 3 days to use then means I can use them up in the next couple of weeks. result.

bet the xmas bonus is shit though…

trail_rat
    Free Member

im in africa for xmas this year

our project is on hold.

we are only here because the client insists we are present incase they have questions – which is fair enough.

so im participating in marcothon and riding my turbo trainer plenty .

perchypanther
    Free Member

There won’t be snow.

ajantom

2 Weeks off at Xmas – one of the perks for dealing with surly teenagers every day 😉

Off this week too, but that’s due to the alien lifeform that seems to be growing in my ear. I’d actually prefer Yr9 to this, and that’s saying something.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yep, my (what’s left on them) EU mates are heading home this weekend and mid week next week my US mates are heading home too..

The uks screwed, why hang around.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Hahahahahahahahah…working until Xmas Day morning.

trail_rat
    Free Member

There won’t be snow.

you aint kidding its +40 outside.

but they do know its christmas time thats for sure …..

I often wonder if the research party for the band aid song ever actually came to africa….. and if so which part.

footflaps

Not been this busy for years….

Will work up until 22nd.

Drac

Down tools for Xmas?

swavis

Pffft! No chance, work’s been a bit daft busy recently, can’t wait for the 22nd 😀

miketually
    Free Member

Nope, working until the 22nd. Bloody teachers, eh?

piha
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

bet the xmas bonus is shit though…

POSTED 20 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

What on earth is this “xmas bonus” you speak of?

Richie_B

I’m not skiving, I just spend most of my time stuck on the M1 south of Nottingham (or one of the cunning alternative routes which half the population of the east midlands already seem to know about)

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Mike – https://schroleconnect.com/

Hope that helps!

munrobiker
    Free Member

I at work, but definitely started coasting.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I at work, but definitely started coasting.

Yep. Since January.

jimdubleyou

I have work to do that needs to be done by the 15th.

It’s tiresome, but I expect to have it done…

scotroutes

I wrapped up at the end of October and don’t start again until the end of March.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It depends entirely on the tools.

mattbee

Winding down now, just the odd job booked/due in between now & end of Jan so it’s a few weeks of LOLER inspection, training reviews etc but not a lot of actual ‘proper’ work now.

thehustler
    Free Member

I often wonder if the research party for the band aid song ever actually came to africa….. and if so which part.

Prfetty sure it had something to do with Ethiopia……….could be wrong though…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

Prfetty sure it had something to do with Ethiopia……….could be wrong though…..

nice – was 2 years before i was born.

i know im young compared to many on the forrum but im sure they had the Simians back then.

Flaperon

First Christmas off in 8 years – finish on the 22nd, don’t go back to work on the 2nd.

The tree is already up and the cupboard stocked with mince pies. 😀

Northwind

We close on the 22nd and reopen in January… It’s a quiet time for us but since people take a lot of time off in december, it’s still fairly busy for those of us that save their holidays for summer. But! This year I had 7 days to take, so I’ve been taking random hols and halfdays all over the place and it’s awesome, I have half a job right now.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m off to Snowdonia on the 20th Dec but closing the site the day after. Back on the 3rd so just 2 weeks off.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m working my notice period as well at the minute – literally am just spinning around in my chair for 8 hours a day 😀

downhillfast
    Free Member

Is this a sick joke?
    I’ll be lucky if I’m not working Christmas Day at this rate!
    🙁

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have 2 days left at work this week then a week off. Then it’s back in for 4 days before 5 days off. Back in the office for 3 days then another 3 days off. I don’t mind working between Christmas and New Year. It keeps me out of the pub.

aP
    Free Member

Nope, started a fairly involved bid 3 weeks ago, then last week the same client decided to drop another one with me. So fairly busy.

binners

Pfft! Fat chance. December is stacked out for me. Busiest time of the year. It’s bonkers! Drawing up comissions as Christmas presents for people. I barely get time to even post shite up on here. Luckily for you!

I guarantee i’ll still have people phoning me up on Christmas Eve asking if I can squeeze a quick illustration in… draw it, have it printed, mounted and framed

Erm…. no. Because i’ll Be picking ‘last minute’ stuff up from the printers, mounting and framing it

I bloody love it! 😀

January? Dead! Nothing! There will be tumbleweed blowing across my order book.

Then i’ll actually be able to go out on my bike. Which’ll be nice

bodgy
    Free Member

Obviously it’s a Brexit knock-on effect.

But, yes. as soon as my students **** off next Wednesday . . . that’s it, hedonism for three weeks.

cranberry
    Free Member

I’m working at a rate that would not accord with the general view of international civil servants. It has been very busy since the summer and shows no hint of slowing up. 10 hours of being very busy today and I could have easily worked more.

I have arranged the Thurs and Fri before the Christmas off, as I worked them last year, really looking forward to some downtime.

ourmaninthenorth

I haven’t been so busy for 12 months, haven’t yet hired all the vacancies in my new team, and have complicated life by saying yes to a headhunter and gone through 5 rounds of interviews.

I’m looking forward to having Christmas week off.

Kryton57

Over my target on Monday and have potential to get to 160% OTE by Christmas.

Working **** hard to get the extras!

Merak

I’m just on the very cusp of starting.

IdleJon

I often wonder if the research party for the band aid song ever actually came to africa….. and if so which part

Midge Ure wrote it. He wrote Vienna having never been there. (And the video director wanted to make extensive use of Vienna’s famous gondolas, apparently. 😆 ) I’m sure the same research went in to the Band Aid thing.

pb2

21st is my last day this year ~~~~~ 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Has everyone downed tools for Xmas early this year?’ is closed to new replies.