Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Has cycling ever been sexy?
  • maxray
    Free Member

joncimber… thankyou!! what a pile of win that link is.

D0NK

joncimber… thankyou!! what a pile of win that link is.

hmm not quite the direction I intended the thread to go in, but I should have expected it I guess.

You can never have too much Darcy!

Thats deadlydarcy? wow! you build up a mental picture of people in your head, but….just not at all what I expected

shortcut

Aside for me of course – have you seen the Wiggle ladies road team? All very talented and fast too. Many more sexy things in cycling!

Your wife is clearly missing something.

D0NK

60s and 70s road racers., they were sex symbols surely. Don’t tell me cycling wasn’t sexy in Italy and France in those days.

is that right? I know cycling is obviously bigger in france and other places but is it sexy?

rusty90 Cipollini’s lady friends remind me of the marzocchi bomber girls, ie that there is financial incentive for them to be there*. Is he a sex symbol in italy then? I know BW is now pretty well known over here and he looks like he might be able pull off cool** with the paul weller stuff but don’t think he’s a sex symbol, is he?

*just read that back, no I’m not suggesting they are ladies of negotiable affection
    **I don”t even know what’s cool in the mtb fraternity never mind the rest of the uk population

After writing and phoning via dating site, the first time Mrs MTG and myself met in real life was when she caught me up while she was driving and I was cycling.
    It was the view of me from behind in lycra that clinched the deal. 8)

D0NK

Your wife is clearly missing something.

I don’t think any of the links so far would do it for her either 🙂 might show her the cipollini bond film tho, just to check

MTG good work!

grahamg
    Free Member

OK, attractive women aside (where the cycling bit is largely irrelevant), I’m going to put this to bed with a comment I seem to recall from Bike Snob NYC…. any time you start thinking that you look cool in all your biking kit, try riding past a high school at the end of the day, you will feel like a douche.

I concur, as a roadie, no women ever looks at me sideways when in full lycra – go out on the bike in a pair of jeans and a hoodie and I might get the occasional glance as then I’m ‘normal’.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I think the road look is generally sexier than off road (but then I’m happier spending more cash on road apparel as it doesn’t get trashed like mtb kit.) Rad off road biking skills do not impress anyone other than bikers.

Reckon the cyclist look is considered more sexy in some parts of Europe, mostly down to the popularity of the sport and coverage in the media.

MTG, I’m sure I’ve seen that lycra clad view a couple of times in years gone by, though I’m still with Mrs Blobby so it can’t have been that potent a sight 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Rad off road biking skills do not impress anyone other than bikers.

you telling me the Danny Mac video was only watched by Cyclists then as no one else was impressed?

mrblobby
    Free Member

you telling me the Danny Mac video was only watched by Cyclists then as no one else was impressed?

I was really talking about the rad biking skills that the majority of us on here might display 🙂 I still think the majority of non bikes would just be mildly impressed and quickly get bored of it.

D0NK

TBH I think if I did a flare off a tree my mrs would still say “and…? Are you gonna move that bike out of the hallway now or what?”
    🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

This is the best thread since James Hargreaves invented the Spinning Jenny in 1767

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was really talking about the rad biking skills that the majority of us on here might display

I jumped down some steps – about 6 ish so at a guess about 3-4 foot and she was moderately impressed – Not DONKS wife nothing pleases her 😉 *
    She was not that impressed when I di a 5 foot drop of a wall …not even when i said my forks were still locked 🙄
    She is impressed when i ride up hills she pushes up though , that will be most hills **

* that is twice now i have mocked her she does not read it does she?

** I am fairly sure mine does not read this if she wees in my shoes I will take it that you dod read this 😉

Ps at least she lets you keep the others she is a pretty good in that respect and you know you are lucky ***

*** in case she does read it i will be nice as well

globalti
    Free Member

I went with the bike on the train once to go up to Scotland, the good lady commuters at Preston station had obviously never seen a guy with good legs and great glutes because the number of shifty appraising glances I caught was almost embarrassing. So yes, sexy if you’re in the mood.

aracer
    Free Member

any time you start thinking that you look cool in all your biking kit, try riding past a high school at the end of the day, you will feel like a douche.

Well I’ve certainly got appreciative comments from teenage girls when cycling. Even the comments from teenage boys have been mostly non-rude. Maybe you’re just doing the wrong type of cycling?

Junkyard
    Free Member

so unicycling is cool then 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Teenage girls certainly seem to think so, JY. Surely they are the ultimate arbiters?

rossi46
    Free Member

Thats deadlydarcy?

😆 Doh! Now that image just should not be allowed!

badllama
    Free Member

I have to agree aracer I cut through one of the local parks on my daily commute and this evening 2 were sat on benches one spotted me said something to the other and she actually looked up from her mobile phone and gave me a pleasant look 😉

Maybe it’s just the sight of bare legs, I was wearing baggies as well? 😀

Good job I did not take the shades off she would have realised I was old enough to be her dad 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Has cycling ever been sexy?’ is closed to new replies.