Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Has anyone used www.andrewwhyment.com ?
  • tommytowtruck

As the title – anyone bought from this guy? If so, would you recommend buying from him? And why has he got so many bikes?!?!?

Thanks

wiz74

Never heard of him. Had a look though and he does have lots of bikes for sale. Does look a bit dodgy but anyone else had any experiences???

GJP
    Free Member

No experiences – his name pops up a lot on bikeradar as "elephan"

tommytowtruck

Yeah I saw that he posts on bikeradar. Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with him.

timdrayton
    Free Member

I bought from him, via bike radar, got a nice little tcr alu roadbike about 6 months ago.

no complaints at all.

met him at his house, cash exchanged, good prompt communication, a nice bloke.

would happily reccomend him.

he is cheaper than ebay, but not as cheap as the stw classifieds imho, but he does have a variety of roady kit.

he has some particularly cheap carbon deep rim wheels which i regret not buying….

I did ask him if he was a dealer, but he said he had just built up a lot of bikes over time….. juries still out on that one imho.

He did have a fair few in his house.

tommytowtruck

Just to update this in case anyone else is thinking of buying – I ended up buying a Giant OCR from this guy. It was second hand but is absolutely immaculate – a fair price too and he packed it up well for delivery. So i'd have no hesitation in recommending him.

elephan
    Free Member

I have just seen this post so apologies in the delay from the 1st post.
    I am the said Andrew Whyment. I do post on numerous forums as elephan and also on EBay as 3006christopher.
    As said by the two glowing reviews (thanks very much!) I am not a dealer as such, just someone who loves bikes and has built up a collection over a number of years – some with the aim to ride myself, some with the aim to sell on.
    I can assure everyone that everything is above board with all sales and I am more than happy for perspective purchasers to call me or test products before they buy.

Regards
    Andrew Whyment
    http://wwww.andrewwwhyment.com

dawson
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone used www.andrewwhyment.com ?’ is closed to new replies.