Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Has anyone used the shop Jenson USA ?
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Gents

I know the exchange rate is not a help anymore. But they have a frame I'd like at a decent price.

Anyone had any dealing with them ? Did you manage to get around import duty ?

thanks for your help in advance

harryparabolics
    Free Member

I've used them in the past, and they were good to deal with. Not sure on getting around import duty – stuff I bought was below the minimum value to avoid the duty.

chakaping
    Free Member

Excellent service.

You will have to pay import tax, but it wasn't that much on parts for me and some of their closeout deals were amazing.

Contact them first to make sure they will send a frame to the UK, I think somebody said they refused to send their cheap Intenses a while ago.

Mackem

I have, but it was only about 30 dollars worth. Quick delivery cinsidering.

robgarrioch

Bought a carbon fork from them around a month ago, ordered on a Thursday night, delivered by Fedex the following Tuesday (good tracking too!). Only down-side was receiving an unexpected Fedex demand for £30 (presumed import duty) not included in original price. But was happy enough to pay it for the fast service.

Sidney
    Free Member

Bought a set of avid codes last year; awesome service. Ordered late on a tuesday night and arrived thursday morning!

Got stung by import tax but total price was still £60 below cheapest I could find in UK. I don't hold import duty against them.

Recommended.

kimbers

bought an eastern bar and stem combo from them

delivery time was 3 days

was 48 quid delivered compared with 120 quid over here (thats web prices not even rrp)

never got stung for import duty
    nor did i on a previous purchase?!

big_scot_nanny

Yes, incredibly fast and no hassles. Even called up to change orders made on the web and their support staff extremely helpful, knowledgeable and actually useful!

Also, on forks I bought, as they were a return item they put value of 0.00 on teh shipping receipt so the swiss custom nazi's didn;t even sting me.

Wonderful!

Kev

theflatboy
    Free Member

they've got yeti ASR 09 frames at the mo for £760 delivered. very tempted to get one, though have got absolutely no need/space for another bike build at the mo… not sure how my patient fiancee would feel about it, either 😆

https://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FR289B00-Yeti+Asr+Alloy+Frame+2009.aspx

TheDoctor
    Free Member

tried to get a yeti from them myself but they won't ship yeti frames outside the US. let me know if they have changed that though.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

yep, got some minutes from them. worked out (with fedex charge and duty) more than £60 cheaper than anywhere in the UK.

would use them again.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

whats the import duty threshold??

theflatboy
    Free Member

doc – i think you're right, when i tried to order a yeti dj (as a test, to see what their shipping was!) it came up with an auto message saying so. when you put the ASR in the basket, though, the message doesn't come up.

from what you've said, i imagine it's an oversight they'd correct if you did try to put an order through. the price of stuff in america is still sufficiently lower that it's worth taking a trip over there!

TheDoctor
    Free Member

OOh unless they can ship as its a discontinued frame??

theflatboy
    Free Member

now that's a very very interesting thought…

theflatboy
    Free Member

they've also got surly big dummy framesets for just over £400, but they are definitely US only and i definitely don't have space for one 😆

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Bought a Titus frame from them myself in February , all I can say is excellent service , ordered Monday nite , turned up Thursday afternoon ..
    If its a frame it will be 4.5% import duty and 17.5 % vat plus about a tenner for fed-ex`s handling charge ..
    If i remember right i got charged about £140 ish ..
    still worked out well … 😀
    Just a shame im havin to sell the frame , due to the redundancy that coming !

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone used the shop Jenson USA ?’ is closed to new replies.