Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • has anyone tried bereavement counselling?
  • retrogirl
    Free Member

Well to cut a long story short I suffered a bereavement over a month ago. At the moment I'm functioning normally getting on with my day and trying to get some normality in my life. Husband has gone back to work and I'm busy looking after our son and planning my future in terms of jobs etc. However now and again I feel down but I'm sure I'm putting up barriers and wonder if counselling would help me sort out any feelings that are festering. I rang a helpline today and felt that it didn't really help and maybe I need to speak to someone face to face. Has anyone tried this route and did it help.
    By the way the bike is a godsend and getting out for a blast helps but sometimes it isn't convenient.

D0NK

Wife went for couselling – she's not normally the "lets talk about our feelings" type so she was slightly sceptical and 1st session she didn't say much but it got easier and it did help.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Yes,
    I lost 2 members of my immediate family seprately in tragic circs last year.
    Head was in a mess for a while
    Counselling really helped, if nothing else it teaches you the feelings you are going through are normal and that it will get veasier with time

i use the techniques taught to me regularly in my GP consultations now and it was a real help bereft patients. And i would go for counselling every time rather than go on pills.

good luck

thejesmonddingo

My son died in an RTA 8 years ago,bereavement counsellor was an ace person,and very helpful and supportive.
    Ian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘has anyone tried bereavement counselling?’ is closed to new replies.