Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • has anyone riden a marin quake or 160mm Nixons?
  • lyons
    Free Member

As above, and if so, what did you think of them?

CountZero

I’ve recently fitted a secondhand pair of Nixon Elite 160’s to my Inbred, replacing a pair of RS Domains. So far, the Nixons are a joy, two pounds lighter, plush and pretty stiff. Mine need a service and new bushes from TF Tuned, but I love them so far, they’ve transformed the bike.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Rode a quake 7 . something a couple of years ago I think. Would that be right? If so it was a truely excellent bike, blew me and everyone that demo’d it with me away. That was round laggan black. I would have bought it but had a whyte 46 at the time and vowed ‘no more marins’. 🙂

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Are you looking at buying the combo? From SDH?

Tracey

Kevins running the 160 Nixons on his Enduro, thinks there great but they do slacken the head angle a bit

Tracey

lyons
    Free Member

cool, i htink they will make a good combo from the sound of all that and what i’ve read, and yeah from southen downhill …

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve had a set of 145mm coil Nixons since 05 and at christmas bought the 08 air versions.

They’re much maligned due to the Infinite Travel debacle and the stodgy Intrinsic and other platorm damping which seems to have tarred every single model across the range since.

BUT, if you stick with the TPC and TPC+ models, they’re as stiff and comparable weight to pikes, with better damping for fast choppy stuff. They can be a bit divey, but they’re also cheap in the sales and simple to service. They’ve been post mount for years too.

Both the versions I’ve got have had little niggles, but so has every other fork I’ve owned.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I’ve never ridden either

lyons
    Free Member

I know you havent jez. But thank you for the contribution. Now go and do some work.

Lemurian
    Free Member

Shouldn’t you also be at work or something? It’s 9.48.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘has anyone riden a marin quake or 160mm Nixons?’ is closed to new replies.