Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Has anyone paid to trace their family tree?
  • roper
    Free Member

I know tracing someone’s family tree can be done for free with lots of sites and even more time online, the problem I have is time. Has anyone on here paid someone else to do it? Could you recommend anyone?

MoreCashThanDash

Came up the other day on a thread I started

Recommendation on here

roper
    Free Member

Thanks for the link, some useful stuff there.

kcal

I ‘won’ a competition to have this down for 4 generations, about 15 years ago. I suspect the fact I had an unusual surname helped being picked.

Was quite good and that, along with an uncles research into other parts, has helped me build up a good picture of my family back to around 1700s. Mostly Glasgow, Accrington, Alexandria and round Crieff.

redstripe
    Free Member

My brother had an ancestral DNA test as a present (don’t know how much it cost), which said we were descended from the Beaker people in SW England going back 4500 years, it is where we are from but never thought it would go back that far, even got things like hair colour right. Thought that was pretty impressive, but still maintain a slightly cynicism about such things.
    Ditto – on link above, I gave details of a bloke who does the normal family tree stuff.

globalti
    Free Member

My aunt researched all this and came up with a family tree, which is now lying forgotten in a drawer somewhere. The only interesting thing she unearthed was that two ancestors drowned in the River Avon in Salisbury when very drunk.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone paid to trace their family tree?’ is closed to new replies.