• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Gunz.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Has anyone got any info on vaaru bikes?
  • Gunz
    Free Member

I’m trawling around for a new Ti frame and the Vaaru Switch ticks a lot of my boxes (650, HT, straight forward drop outs). I’ve never heard of them before though and wondered if anyone has one or heard anything at all really.

650 Switch

benji
    Free Member

Designed in the uk made in the far east, looked at them at Brighton Big Dog, wasn’t blown away.

Travers bikes are definitely worth a look if you are in the market for titanium and want a custom option.

Gunz
    Free Member

Those Travers are lovely Benji but their one 650 model looks to be more DH oriented than I was after, (120-140mm forks preferred) as I become more interested in 12 hour solo.
    I’d love the Ti Explosif (even with the fussy dropouts) but I can’t seem to find anyone who sells them.

benji
    Free Member

Speak to travers, they are now offering fully custom at a very reasonable price, so if you have a good idea what you want they can do it. Contact Kona UK and make sure it’s available in this country, not everything is, then they should be able to put you in touch with a dealer.

Gunz
    Free Member

Leku – I love that Vendetta but wonder if it’s a bit too downhill biased. My normal riding is Dartmoor, Welsh trail centres and despite myself I’m developing an interest in 12 hour solos. If I’m wrong, and it’s also adept up hill, then it would be right at the top of the list.

Benji – you’re absolutely right, I need to get my finger out and ring Kona. It’s just that this forum always has someone with the answer.

scottfitz
    Free Member

looked at them at local shop, wasn’t blown away.

me too

How about this?

http://www.stantonbikes.com/content/switchback-ti-available-preorder-50-deposit-secure-your-frame-0

Gunz
    Free Member

I’ve looked at those as well Scott but I’m supposing, maybe incorrectly, that a 65.75 degree head angle will be too slack for extended rides. If anyone can disabuse me of this prejudice I’d be all ears. To give some context, I’m coming from a 1998 Kona Hei Hei.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone got any info on vaaru bikes?’ is closed to new replies.