• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by luke.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Has anyone got a Sony Z3 compact?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have one & I’m on the second handset, both have had the same problem & I was wondering if anyone has had the same thing?
    The problem is that if I put the phone to my ear the proximity sensor turns the screen off but I can still access & change the settings in quick settings by rubbing it with my ear unintentionally, very annoying when you don’t notice & then find out you have turned something off or turned on silent by accident.

Anyone?

Cheers.

badnewz
    Free Member

Same problem a few times my ear has touched the screen and ended the call mid-conversation.
    Also, when the screen goes black, sometimes it is hard to get it lit up again, so if you have to enter a numbercode, you cant do it.

cobrakai

I got mine 2 days ago and not noticed anything yet. Still better than my old iPhone 4s.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks, FYI I got on to sony support & they told me to wipe the software & re install it, it’s better but it has still done it twice since.
    I might change it, any suggestions?

Cheers.

chojin
    Free Member

I’ve not noticed any issues with mine so far?

Wally

mines good so far. no issue with calls and ears.
    Lovely phone IMO,

Alphabet

I’ve had mine for a week now. I’m still getting used to Android coming from an iPhone but haven’t had the problem you describe. I try not to have the phone pressed up to my face when using it and try to use it on speaker phone when ever possible.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

To anyone who has one, I would appreciate it if you could deliberately try to rectify the problem by rubbing the top right corner to your ear whilst making a call, at least then I would know if it just a few that have the fault or if it is an inherent problem with the phone.
    Cheers.

luke
    Free Member

Had it a few times with my Z, that and if you have the keypad up it registers as one continual button press

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone got a Sony Z3 compact?’ is closed to new replies.