• This topic has 84 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Has anyone ever actually had a disc brake wheel come out of a QR fork?
  • gummikuh

I have the DT swiss Titan skewers on the rear of my Commencal meta HT, and it never comes loose, I do have shimano too on other bikes, and they are OK.
    I really like the way I can feel how tight my QR is with the DT swiss, I was told once that using a normal QR should leave a mark in your hand if it is tight, hardly accurate?

davosaurusrex

Just ordered a pair of Ultegra QRs, £35! When did they get so expensive? Ah well, cheaper than new front teeth I guess.

aracer
    Free Member

Haven’t read all the replies – ISTM those saying no aren’t particularly useful data.

My answer is yes, also at around the time Russ had his crash. Like Matt’s friend, and I think like Russ my dropouts hit the ground at speed and I went over the bars. I was far more lucky than both of them and only had a couple of hours of surgery, 2 nights in hospital, a week of eating soup, and no long term serious damage (I actually managed one of my biggest wins ever about 6 weeks later!) I’m guessing from the description that matt’s friend didn’t remember his incident – I do actually remember mine, and not at all surprised he was still holding the bars – I think I was still holding mine, it all happened so fast there was nothing at all I could do, and mainly took the impact with my face.

Apologies – that’s far more detail than I’ve ever gone into about it publicly before, and that’s all you’re getting (I’ve had conversations with a few other people involved in advocacy on this issue so my case has been mentioned anonymously before now).

twisty

Just ordered a pair of Ultegra QRs, £35! When did they get so expensive? Ah well, cheaper than new front teeth I guess.

For £5 more you could get a pair of 105 hubs.

hora
    Free Member

Russ Pinder- that’s going back abit now although 2003 feels like yesterday

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone ever actually had a disc brake wheel come out of a QR fork?’ is closed to new replies.