Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Has anyone else been waiting AGES on a 'Giant' bike?
  • Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Is anyone growing older and not to mention more and more inpatient whilst waiting on a bike from Giant?
    My wife ordered a CRS Alliance at the end of August and after a couple of changes of delivery date we've now been quoted week 3 (third week in Jan.)
    Anyone else waiting and waiting and waiting……?

Cheers

Paul

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

No? Just us then? I was under the impression that it was common issue at the mo.

seifahmad
    Free Member

nope
    got my anthem x2 last week after ordering 2 days earlier

antennae
    Free Member

waiting on a bowery fmx and told they won't have any til jan :/

tragically1969
    Free Member

i have a contact in the trade who happens to be a giant dealer, they (Giant UK) sold out of pretty much everything in August and were already pulling in 2010 stock.

Its been a good year for them i reckon..

genesis
    Free Member

Nope got my Defy Advanced within a week.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

yep ive just checked the stock and theyre out till feb/march time if you order one now….(im a giant dealer)

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I'm not going to be waiting for a Giant as they've decided not to import an of the ones I like in XL, including the 29er I'd planned on buying. It's particularly frustrating as I've had/got a few Giants and the XL fits me brilliantly.

mtbfix

Good things come to those who wait 😉 I was going to get a new Anthem X but cannot be bothered waiting so will do without.

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

Why wait? Buy something else.

Giant arent anything special & are over priced compared to most others this year.

They havent had a good year – They just didnt have any stock in the first place. Add that to the fact that they have had several large cock-ups making frames for other people & its no wonder they dont have any of their own bikes to sell.

J

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

They just didnt have any stock in the first place. Add that to the fact that they have had several large cock-ups making frames for other people

thats interesting… tell us more…?

LordOnOne
    Free Member

They’ve cocked-up their own bikes for 2010, I believe the Anthem X Advanced has been recalled and the XTC Alliance 29er is now a 2011 model due to “insurmountable production issues”.

I have to agree with Jamie…Giant bikes are getting more and more overpriced compared to other brands.

Giant’s UK deliveries have mostly been a shambles so far this year.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Giant bikes are getting more and more overpriced compared to other brands"

That's interesting because they used to be one of the best value brands.

LordOnOne
    Free Member

I bought two Giant’s and value for money was a big part of the decision. But just a couple of years later, value for money is one of the reasons why I wouldn’t buy a Giant. You can do far worse than a Giant but comparing one with similar models from other brands reveals you can do better in some cases. Don’t ask me for examples though…I’ve got better things to do than watch you guys pick them apart. 😀

bassspine
    Free Member

It's not just Giant, Specialized ran out of '09 stock very early this year, 'because of the credit crunch'.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Giant and Trek dealer here- we have to be pretty careful. Neither got much stock in last year (credit crunch) and so it sold out in no time. They pulled a lot of stuff forward to June/July (mostly road bikes though) and now they've got nothing in time for christmas.

Giants are a really good price compared to the majority of stuff (Spesh is probably the only brand that come close to them) and the Anthem X is nothing short of wonderful. Trek are bloody ridiculously overpriced though and not one of their bikes excites me.

So, yeah, you'll be a while waiting on it unfortunately.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

It's the same for Lapierre I've got to wait 3 months for a Zesty 🙁

I suppose it will be nice and shiny for the spring 😛

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Do you think it's worth moaning to Giant about the situation and aim for some freebies (carbon stem and/or bars) or do you think they'll just tell me to **** off?
    Why the Giant? Well, I've not liked Giant bikes up until now but for the price (limited to £1k via cyclescheme) she didn't see or try anything better. It'll be used as a commuter and general fitness work.
    I feel for the dealer (Escape Route) as they've been made to look silly after the initial excellent customer service. It's a shame Giant have let everyone down.

cinnamon_girl

In today's Times, there is an interview with their Chief Financial Officer. Naturally she wants to get more ladies into riding and just happens to be wearing a pink helmet and pink flowery top 🙄

rolfharris
    Free Member

May be worth a whinge. They have ballsed up.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone else been waiting AGES on a 'Giant' bike?’ is closed to new replies.