Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Has anyone compared the Bose SoundLink Mini II to the UE Megaboom?
  • Lakes_Puma

Looking for a good quality bluetooth speaker and was impressed when I heard the Bose, and looking around at other speakers around the same price the UE Megaboom gets good reviews but is a little bit larger.

Has anyone auditioned the two of them together?

toby1

I spent a while with the Bose, a UE (not sure which model) and the Cambridge audio G2 in John Lewis.

There is slightly more bass from the Bose, but the one in JL kept cutting out on me. The UE sounded and felt cheaper than the other 2, although there are often lots of positive reviews for them. The UE wasn’t helped by having a promo sales guy there who kept trying to convince me it was the best of the group.

I ended up with the G2, think it was £90ish so decent price and the sound and battery life are very good for a portable.

Lakes_Puma

If anyone is interested I ended up getting a Megaboom from the Amazon Warehouse for a great price and have done a side by side test against a friends Bose Soundlink Mini II and while I didn’t get chance to listen to the detail in a suitable environment I tested them outside and the Megaboom was much louder and had more bass (as you’d expect from a physically bigger unit) and combined with the waterproof and rugged-ness of the Megaboom if you are after something for outdoor use the Megaboom is a clear winner.

I’ve been using the Megaboom quite a bit and the batter life is very impressive and I’m amazed at the sound from the unit, OK it’s not hi-fi stereo but what what I wanted it’s hard to fault.

poolman
    Free Member

I am listening to the sound link 2 right now I only really listen to r4 so just spoken word not music. I upgraded from the Jawbone.

Early days but I really like the Bose. The lady in the shop reckoned the sound touch mains powered one was better and similar money but I wanted portability.

There’s a few threads on a different forum about setting up to play through a few sound links if you fancy multi room sound.

Shop around too I got a good deal and am well pleased

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone compared the Bose SoundLink Mini II to the UE Megaboom?’ is closed to new replies.