Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Has anyone bought Middleburn headset spacers recently?
  • kaysee

I’m trying to find a tiny-weenie headset spacer, and the smallest I think that’s easily available is a Middleburn 1mm only available in an expensive pack, with lots of other sizes.

Has anyone bought a pack recently and can confirm there is a 1mm in there? Even better, has anyone bought a set and not used the 1mm?

passtherizla
    Free Member

I have some 1mm spacers knocking about, they may however be red or purple… for 1 1/8 or for 1.5 steerer?

kaysee

1 1/8th, and colour really isn’t important. I only need one, and it’s to go under the top-cap of an integrated headset, to stop it binding on the headtube.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I will have a look when I get home and get back to you.

andyl
    Free Member

if you want to space it out with more gradual increments (1mm may be a bit big) then Hope do shims for spacing the top cap of their headsets to prevent the seal binding too much.

kaysee

cheers rizla

andyl – I have ordered a tiny FSA ‘microspacer’, but it’s looking like it will take a while to arrive, plus I think the difference is a bit more than the spacer can do. The hope ones seem to be very thin nylon, and I’m not sure it they’ll be a bit ‘soft’ once I’ve stacked a few up to take up the difference. I do have a rubber o-ring that would fit perfectly, but again it might leave enough wobble in the headset to rattle around, and I don’t want to break a new frame with integrated cups for the sake of a spacer…

passtherizla
    Free Member

I found what i was looking for although they will be of no use, they’re too big, must have been from when I singlespeeded one of my machines in the past, I think they are from a freewheel spacing kit. 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone bought Middleburn headset spacers recently?’ is closed to new replies.