Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Has anybody ever transported a forklift?
  • handyman153
    Free Member

Evening all,

I may have made a small mistake, and purchased a forklift truck without being able to move it.

I thought I would be able to pop it onto a car transporter trailer, but reading about it more, it seems its too heavy, 3.5T ish.

Just about to book specific, and rather expensive, flatbed lorry to collect it. But thought it was worth asking on here first?

Any advice??

Thanks all

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Yep, I work as lorry driver though

deadkenny
    Free Member

You want a second forklift surely to lift it? 😀

siwhite
    Free Member

I hired one a few years ago (huge fun, even if I did have to lie about my previous experience to be able to rent it…) and it came on a flatbed 7.5 tonne wagon with those hydraulic tail ramps.

Ask if the seller will stick it on a pallet for you?

neilc1881
    Free Member

Tilt bed recovery truck?

simondbarnes

Drive it back 🙂

theotherjonv

Woah woah woah……

I may have made a small mistake, and purchased a forklift truck

needs a bit more unpicking before we can go any further….

spooky_b329

Try asking at car dismantlers, independent roadside recovery places, see if they have a suitable transporter/recovery truck. Reckon you’d need someone operating a 6.5 or 7.5t truck to have enough payload, but that’s their problem to be honest.

piemonster

OP, yes I’ve done it.

Required an “expensive” flat bed unfortunately

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Yes, a long time ago (80’s), and it was a LOT heavier than 3.5T. More like 10 times that, moved site to site, cost a fortune, massive lorry, road closure, police support………

When my colleague got back from holiday he asked why i’d dicked around doing all that as the last time they’d moved it (the other way) a few years previously they’d just got a couple of the site vans (with orange lights) and a driver in and driven it at 2 am………. total cost, about 100 quid in overtime. Compared to the couple of grand i spent doing it legally.

Oh how i laughed. Didn’t get another contract there…….

stevedoc
    Free Member

At 3.5t you will struggle to get it moved with a 7.5 tonner .Give these guys a shout http://www.rwalkers.co.uk/ local to us and used a before

nasher
    Free Member

Have you been watching family guy?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T1MwdHMH4UU[/video]

trademark
    Free Member

Handyman153, tomorrow …

nickjb
    Free Member

Friend of mine bought a JCB for working on his semi derelict holiday home. He then drove it to the house… In the south of France! It was a pretty knackered old one too.

handyman153
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies!

trademark – My other half showed me a similar photo earlier, with the words – “If you end up in hospital, i will come out of necessity not sympathy!”

However, just to add some reassurance. I already have 2 forklifts, but they came with the warehouse when we got it last year. However I have decided I need a reach lift, think –

So I have never had to move one before.

rwalkers came up on a google search this afternoon, I will give them a shout tomorrow. Thanksstevedoc

TheDTs
    Free Member

You need a plant haulage company with an empty return load.
    I think you will be able to find websites where you can post it up as a job and people will be able to bid on it..?

tillydog
    Free Member

Can you take out the battery and/or counterweight and transport them separately?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Has anybody ever transported a forklift?’ is closed to new replies.