Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Has anybody else noticed Ruperts new tag?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

rupertpostlethwaite – Troll

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/profile/rupertpostlethwaite

I wonder if the Mods know his real identity?

nbt

I wonder if the Mods know his real identity?

I suspect that Rupert may have more than one identity.

druidh
    Free Member

Since the mods have applied that tag – despite deliberate trolling being a ban-able offence – one can only assume that the mods know exactly who it is and that it is someone connected with STW itself.

Double standards much?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Druidh, good spot.

And if that’s so, that’s rather shit.

1981miked
    Free Member

Yes I agree.. If the mods know he is a Troll then they should ban him.

If they have created this character… Funny some say… Irritating I say.. Then that Is really rather poor and need to admit they are involved and apologise.

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Thing is though he/she/they (it’s Ton and his mates innit) are posting quite obvious jokes that aren’t aimed at anyone in particular.

It’s not like they’ve called someone a Tory cockweasal that sucks up to the Mods when it suits them is it? That would be trolling. Probably.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s not like they’ve called someone a Tory cockweasal that sucks up to the Mods when it suits them is it?

OOF! 😕

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Hmm, probably should have added a smily there. 😳

patriotpro
    Free Member

😀 Noticed it earlier!

Only just stopped laughing over it.

Mark

What if he’s already banned?

bruneep

He/she posted 14 mins ago and the op posted 3 hrs ago 😕 Not banned then?

druidh
    Free Member

C’mon Mark – you could have let this thread run a while longer 🙂

wwaswas

I’m surprised he lasted so long, tbh.

I always thought he was the sweary northerners take on an stw southerner.

loum
    Free Member

There was another “character” posting last week about the recent ban-gate scandal.
    They seemed to be very well informed as to the personalities involved, and confident about their knowledge of the situation and how much it had improved the forum by removing arguments. Even argued with some of the “regulars” about it.
    They had joined 4 days earlier.
    Stank of double logs too.

druidh
    Free Member

TBF – that’s almost unavoidable.

Drac

He/she posted 14 mins ago and the op posted 3 hrs ago Not banned then?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Best you could muster, Terry? Thanks for logging back in and commenting, though. 😉

chipps

Any reports of double log-ins that are reported (we can’t spot everything unfortunately…) are looked into and if it’s a double account, then both accounts get a ban.

And who are you calling a sweary northerner anyway? I was born in Kent 🙂

wwaswas

And who are you calling a sweary northerner anyway? I was born in Kent

I thought he was the sweary northerners of video fame, not some southerner who’d lived up north for a few years and got delusions of hardness 😉

loum
    Free Member

This was that “first post”. I thought it looked remarkably like the sticky. The argument that followed did nothing to dissuade me.

Well, I’ve been aware of this forum for a long time, people i work and ride with have often told me to join. I’ve looked in and lurked a bit but really the level of self-importance has of some folks has always put me off, until recently. No I’m not frail or delicate and things are much better now that the ‘nasty’ boys have gone. But to think that they were intimidating is just wrong and another example of the kind of self-importance which put me off. I really didn’t see them as nasty, I think few did. I just saw them as really really tedious. Name calling, one-upmanship, point-scoring, arguments based on technicalities and semantics really aren’t very productive or clever. I’m stunned that folks think this makes them big-hitters. Seems to me they were continual displays of small-mindedness. But, now they are gone the forum section seems to be more balanced in favour of cycling chat and that is a good thing. It used to look like the main activity of the forum was ‘off topic’ to the extent that ‘off topic’ was the main forum topic. So, yes, the forum is a nicer place now, maybe less active, but in a good way. that’s what I think, no doubt some will disagree, that’s fine. Others will choose to disagree, that’s less fine and still others will look to engage in those activities I listed above and that’s even less fine. But, just to let the regulars know, that from the outside, this now looks like a much more interesting forum.

No need to thank me

yossarian
    Free Member

To be fair captain, you are a total sycophant, albeit in an indearingly upper class one 🙂

bruneep

Yes o’reilly

Drac

Are you rally sure?

wwaswas

“indearingly”

somewhere a pedant just went into meltdown.

yossarian
    Free Member

It’s a seldom used, but entirely valid, base verb. Double win for the pedants 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Has anybody else noticed Ruperts new tag?’ is closed to new replies.