Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • has any one 69er'ed a 456??
  • valleydaddy
    Free Member

as in title.

Think it could work??

druidh
    Free Member
    valleydaddy
    Free Member

exactly what I had in mind thanks 😀

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Can’t see the point myself, other than to look like a proper tool

valleydaddy
    Free Member

fair comment, just a mate has a 69er Trek and he really rates it so thought could be worth a try 🙂

takisawa2

My Inbred runs 29er forks, cos I like it that way.
    I’ve a 29er frame & wheels on the way, so might pop the front wheel in to see how daft it looks / rides.

IMAG0223 by pten2106, on Flickr

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

It’d make more sense to me to do it the other way round. Either a long travel 26er fork with a 26″ wheel, or a 29er fork with a 26″ wheel and have the 29″ wheel at the back. One of the main complaints about 29ers is the effect the larger wheel has on steering, isn’t it? And it would make more sense to have the smoothing effect of the larger wheel where most of the riders weight is, on the back wheel.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Would a 29er wheel fit the rear of a 456 though??

No idea

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Pete ask me for a go on my Carver sometime, I reckon you’ll like it, I do but I obviously rejoice in looking like a proper tool.

You’ll be able to make a valid decision then Pete, based on experience and a greater understanding rather than misconception and speculation 😉

EDIT 29er rear wheel no fit

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

@valleydaddy, no you’d need a 29er frame, hence a long 26er fork, or a 29er fork to keep the geometry usable. Would need to be a pretty slack head/seat angle 29er frame too.

mrcamel
    Free Member

I’m sure there was a test of a 456 that was 69d in a Dirt test of hardtails… a while back, but my mind could be deceiving me.

and, no, a 29er wheel won’t fit in the back of a 456 (not my ti one anyway…)

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Cheers Stu that would be good.

Wise words as ever 😀

james
    Free Member

“I’m sure there was a test of a 456 that was 69d in a Dirt test of hardtails”
    There was, the hardtail special. Issue 73 rings a bell, but its more likely to be a different issue

Hairychested
    Free Member

I ran my 456SS as a 69er with a 26″ fork. Now I’m building the Kinesis along the same lines.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘has any one 69er'ed a 456??’ is closed to new replies.