Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • harveys maps?
  • jam-bo

any good? fed up with the monster, double sided 25k dartmoor map

Smee
    Free Member

Yes – the best maps you’ll get anywhere imho.

druidh
    Free Member

They’re OK. The tend to show more terrain detail than the OS, but they can take a bit of getting used to – especially as you end up swapping between the two (Harveys have limited coverage). I like to use them when I can.

jam-bo

this one covers where i want to be. worth a punt i reckon.

Fagus
    Free Member

Different from OS, in the way that they show detail, so they take some getting used to. But I think they are better for outdoor activities. Also they are printed on waterproof paper which makes them far less bulky than the laminated OS equivalent. I always use them in preference to OS when there’s a choice.

ajf
    Free Member

the best maps available! Especially the bmc mountain map series

antigee

peak cycling map has some nice routes marked as alternatives for road outings – big but is that no 1 in 6 or steeper markings – got caught out at a cafe stop reading map out in direction rarely go – nice looking way home – then a couple of huge long hills – not that i hate hills just that i was on a schedule to get home

stevomcd
    Free Member

The scales and contour intervals can be a right head-f*ck though!

matt_outandabout

I like them a lot – bought a job load in a sale a decade or so back, and really like how they are ‘outdoor sport/access’ focused, rather than visitor focused – better for terrain/details etc, clearer to read some stuff from, I like the fact that as standard they are waxed – not fully waterproof, just much much more water resistant.

Can be a faff swapping between OS and harveys – esp. contour spacing!

If it covers your area, go for it, I think they are better than OS.

TenMen
    Free Member

I’ve used them to navigate myself along 80 to 100 mile walks, like Hadrian’s Wall, and found them to be excellent. And a lot easier/cheaper than carrying 4 – 5 OS maps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘harveys maps?’ is closed to new replies.