Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Harry Potter studio tour…any good?
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

So booked a visit to the Harry Potter studio in London next Saturday. Tour starts at 11am, how long will we be there for? All day or a couple of hours? Any good? Booked it mainly due to monkeysfeet jnr is a big Potter fan. The tickets weren’t cheap but i guess you get fleeced at these places anyway.
    Ta.

theotherjonv

Yes, excellent if you like the Potter movies. Don’t want to spoil it but the start is magical, and the attention to detail on sets and props is fab.

Tip would be that if you want to do the green screen photo stuff (fly a broomstick, fly the Ford Anglia), as soon as you get let in to the main warehouse head to it, otherwise queues build up and you get a long wait. Then you can retrace back and spend time looking at the sets and props after.

llama

I’d had enough after 3 hours, kids after 4

it’s good

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cheers otherjonv. 🙂

bigdawg
    Free Member

I took my kids about a mnoth back, my son (6) having read all the books is a huge fan and dressed up – he was in heaven.. Walked trough the door 12 o’clock think we finally got out about 5.30. Did the photos, had wand lessons, met death eaters (my daughter was terrified – 4 year old!) probably the most fun Ive had on one of the kids days out (and ive only read the books with my son), and my son before he went to bed that night said that was his best day ever…

couple of tips – the brooms have been covered, get there early, butterbeer you’ll love or hate (my son loved and walked around with a butterbeer moustache for 20 mins it my daughter hated it) – get ready for the sugar rush! Start saving now for the gift shop at the end, hide credit cards and dont pay £8 for a chocolate frog!

pk13

It’s on large scale. I loved it but it’s the movie my daughter grew up with. You will take lots of photos. enjoy.

Cougar

Is it the same Butterbeer they serve at Universal in Florida?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Ha, cheers guys. Butterbeer sounds ace. All the daughter has gone on about is buying her own wand.

project
    Free Member

in waterstones the other day, seems as if some woman has wrote a load of books about the films,probably totally different to the films.

Cougar

Butterbeer sounds ace

If it is the same stuff I’ve had (at Universal), it’s very good, but very sweet. You wouldn’t want a huge amount of it.

theotherjonv

You wouldn’t want a huge amount of it.

Depending on your age – YMMV

If you do buy a wand – and do, its part of the magic – it genuinely isn’t a toy. My daughter’s is now part elder, part unicorn hair, and part insulating tape.

Cougar

Depending on your age

I’m not sure I’d want to be round small children after they’d had a pint of butterbeer each.

BillMC

I drank yak butterbeer in Ladakh. Wasn’t bad either.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Harry Potter studio tour…any good?’ is closed to new replies.