Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Harry Potter studio Tour. Is it a fixed duration?
  • rockhopper70

We have a 10:30am entry in a couple of weeks time and I seem to be hearing different things about how long we will be there.
    Some say its a fixed duration as visitors are shepherded between the areas for a designated time and can’t go back, hence a few hours would be likely.
    Others have said they could spend a full day there.
    Anyone been and give an accurate assessment?

Thanks

nemesis
    Free Member

We weren’t moved along. We did about 2 hrs with a 3 and 8 year old but I’m pretty sure we could have spent a lot longer and there was no obvious time limit or people managing how long you took.

bigblackshed

The cinema screen introduction and then the Great Hall is shepherded, but you go back into the Hall when the next group have come through. Everything else isn’t time limited. You could spend all day there and absorb everything.

The level of detail in the design areas is outstanding.

mefty
    Free Member

no time limits – merchandise is eye-wateringly expensive.

Duffer
    Free Member

As above, at your alloted time you’ll be taken i to a cinema for a short intro video, followed by the Grand Hall. You’ll be ushered out of the hall after 10 minutes or so, but from that point onwards your time is your own.

rockhopper70

Ah right, thanks.
    What sort of time should I budget for would you reckon.
    16 yo and 14 yo girls and a 10yo lad.

scuttler

Don’t get mugged for the butter beer until you’ve convinced yourselves that everyone else pouring it away must have bad taste.

In fact, take some butties because then you’ll only get mugged in the shop at the end.

Ace place – never read the books, only seen a couple of the films but proper enjoyable.

Graham_Clark

If your kids are really into the films and books then you could easily spend a full day there (it doesn’t close until 10pm).
    We’ve been twice now, first time took around 6 hrs, this time ticket was for 17:30 and we stayed until it closed… Two boys now aged 10 and 13.

MoreCashThanDash

Going for the second time.e at new year. Fantastic place. The design sketches and animatronics are amazing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Harry Potter studio Tour. Is it a fixed duration?’ is closed to new replies.