• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Leku.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Harry Hall Cycles customer service
  • quahogmtb

I ordered 12 inner tubes from Harry Hall Cycles a while ago – I bulk buy them when I can see they are on offer somewhere. They emailed me back the next day to say they only had 6 in stock but were expecting more stock in the next day or so. They arrived 11 days after I placed the order with a hand written note (from Craig Thomas) on the invoice apologising again, saying they had been waiting for a delivery for ages, and enclosing an extra tube and puncture kit by way of thanks for my patience. It’s only a small thing but after being let down by various bike shops in the past (no replies to emails or calls, lost spokes supplied for a wheel rebuild etc) this is proper customer service. It’s not rocket science really, yet so many fail at it. Get yourself a good reputation this way and surely your business will thrive…and vice-versa. Thanks again Harry Hall Cycles and Craig!

kayak23

I don’t understand. So this ISN’T a traditional knee-jerk rant?…
    🙂

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

The bike I bought from then was scratched and had no air in the forks or shock , went back once , complained was fobbed off about ” new shocks leaking air ” never been back since . The sales guys were decent but the ” punk mechanic guy ” was a complete arse !!! This was 2009 hopefully he’s no longer there .

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Disgusting! Get the pitchforks at the… oh. A good customer experience? Get the pitchforks out – quahog_mtb is a troll!

scotroutes

Why would you possibly need 12 inner tubes? Other than for new wheel sizes, I haven’t bought that many in the past 4-5 years.

BadlyWiredDog

You haven’t got the hang of this: what you’re supposed to do now is complain that Harry Hall didn’t send the first six tubes to you right away then the remainder when available and then cynically fobbed you off with a paltry ‘bribe’ of a single free tube and added salt to the wounds by enclosing a puncture kit, implicitly implying that anyone who needs to buy tubes in batches of 12 should learn to patch a tube…

… looks a little different viewed like that eh? Disgusting way to treat a paying customer etc 🙂

warton
    Free Member

Why would you possibly need 12 inner tubes? Other than for new wheel sizes, I haven’t bought that many in the past 4-5 years.

I bought 6 before christmas, have none left now. I don’t fix them though, just bin them when they puncture

midlifecrashes
    quahogmtb

I ride a lot 😀 . Depends where you ride as well. Can’t remember when I last had a puncture in the Surrey Hills, apart from pinchflats. Locally around the North Downs though at certain times of the year it’s a puncture from thorns every 2-3 rides. I do repair a few times before binning as well!

RustySpanner

I bought 6 before christmas, have none left now. I don’t fix them though, just bin them when they puncture

You could at least give them to someone who doesn’t wipe their arse with £10 notes!

wwaswas

I don’t fix them though, just bin them when they puncture

😯

sounds like tubeless is the way for you to go.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Craig’s a good egg. It’s a shame HH is the other end of town otherwise i’d use them more regularly.

warton
    Free Member

thing is, you fix punctures, and the tube is never the same again. and as I only ride road, I don’t like putting 110psi into a tube that has been fixed, as it’s only a matter of time before it loses its pressure.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Tubes are something you’re always gonna need so what’s wrong with buying that many inner-tubes?

IHN

thing is, if you fix punctures properly, and the tube is never the same again[b]as good as new[/b].

warton
    Free Member

thing is, life’s to short, for less than 2 quid a pop

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well done harry hill, always makes me chuckle.

@Warton – RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! FIX YOUR TUBES!! Means you can hide in the shed and avoid the wife as a bonus.

I’m a professional environmental guilt extorter and that kind of wastage makes me fizz like a clopper

Leku
    Free Member

In 1987 they sold me a 19″ mountain bike – I’m 5’6″.

Can I get a refund?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Harry Hall Cycles customer service’ is closed to new replies.