Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Harefield area – any routes?
  • clareymorris

So, here I am down in North West London for the next week. I'm going to need to get out on my Stepdadss hardtail once or twice for some fresh air so was wondering if anyone knows the area well (Northwood/Denham etc) on bikes?

Cheers 😀

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Used to know the area wellbut in the days before i rode MTBs.Think there are some woods near Rusilip lido which might worth investigatiing.

martinb
    Free Member

There are, it's where the West Drayton off road sportive starts on the 16th May.

Heres a link to the previous route, http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Bucks-Offroad-Classic-121k

Some nice linky bits along the canal and some nice pubs. Theres some nice singletrack up and downs and a tunnel under the M25, if you follow the route and cut it short at Chenies on the A404, you'll have a good ride.

I'm away or I'd offer to show you the route.

Enjoy

Martin

Ti29er
    Free Member

We ride out every Thursday 'round from there. Or to there, depending on where the guys meet up.

Go to the Coy Carp, head inland on the Shires Way, taking it out towards Cheines & into Sarrat Bootom etc, Loop back via the canal path and Whippy Woods out the back of Watford.

disben

there is a ride out tomorrow night from ruislip specialized shop if you are interested…?

parkedtiger
    Free Member

An evening's riding without any carrying Ms Morris – it won't feel right you know 😉

clareymorris

I might well be down again soonish so will give you guys a shout if that is OK?

I think we made up for it last night PT ;-p

clareymorris

Anyway, i did get out on the bridleways and woods round Chalfont St Giles etc and bumped into another singletracker…….and his forum name was……robertm, michaler, richardm? Oh I can't remember sorry! Anyway rides a very nice Santa Cruz blur, is a racing snakes and showed me some local trails which was great 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Harefield area – any routes?’ is closed to new replies.