Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Happy Valley (no spoilers)
  • NJA

For the first time in my 50 years on the planet I struggled to get to sleep last night because of a TV progamme. It’s excellent

cinnamon_girl

Gave up on this after the first episode, maybe I was too hasty? Guess not all episodes will be on i-Player? Edit: just checked and they are.

Have nevertheless been enjoying Hinterland on BBC4 and eager to return to Wales for its unique scenery. First time I’ve ever heard the Welsh language being spoken and seemed odd having regular subtitles!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Gave up on this after the first episode, maybe I was too hasty?

The series is a slow burner for sure, but well worth sticking with.

Is hinterland on iplayer yet? I recorded ep2 onward, haven’t watched it yet.

cinnamon_girl

Yes it is. Do hope there’ll be another series.

New series of Wallander started last Saturday, the third version I’ve seen!

allthepies
    Free Member

CG, Where can I see this new Wallander series ?

cinnamon_girl

BBC4 of course! Saturday night 9.00 pm

Edit: new content too.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Wallander mk3 is not Kenneth Branagh?

allthepies
    Free Member

Ta, will iPlayer the first one.

cinnamon_girl

Wallander mk3 is not Kenneth Branagh?

Dunno, I’m easily confused. Have seen the series that starred Ralf Lassgard and thought he was really good, as was Kenneth Branagh.

It seems that this new one is actually the original but there’s nothing like watching in the wrong order is there? 😀

rOcKeTdOg

just watched latest episode, holy crap!!

cinnamon_girl

Hurrah for Google Chromecast! Two episodes watched last night so just the latest to watch. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Right then…

It has been hinted at the “Mr Big” at the top of the drugs tree won’t be happy if somebody lower down rocks the boat and he has a history of fitting people with concrete underpants.

So, with 1/3 to go, who is it?

A) The Cocaine Councillor – Who doesn’t want to get arrested for being drunk in charge and possession.

B) The Top Cop – Who doesn’t want a high profile local politician getting done under his nose.

or,

In a giant twist…

C) Nevison Gallagher – Who, when he finds out who did it, will get medieval with the concrete and civil engineering.

It has to be somebody we already know. The story is too well written for a new character to be conjured up so far in.

RustySpanner

Hmmm.

If Nev was Mr Big, he’d have called the boys in already, wouldn’t he?
    Cokey blokey is a bit obvious, could be a double bluff?
    Personally, I reckon it’s Tony Pollard.

Things we will definitely see, due do narrative causality:

The ex junky sister will at some point be back on the smack. Possibly not of her own choice.
    The ex husband will let her down.
    The grandson will be kidnapped by his father.
    There’s more to the daughter’s death than we know – although this could be another red herring a la the ex husband’s death in ‘Last Tango in Halifax’.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Take your theories and put them on another post. Please remove mods! Whole point of this thread so far has been the impeccable manner of not posting spoilers!
    And fwiw I’ve just watched episode 4.
    Hells **** bells!!!!

Harry_the_Spider

How can it be a spoiler if it hasn’t happened?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I just don’t wanna read theories/spoilers or owt else, the **** programme is frying my tiny mind as it is 😆

higgo
    Free Member

Just watching episode 2 now.
    We started watching episode 1 last night because mrs higgo wanted to watch something that “wasn’t as dark as Fargo” (and this has ‘Happy’ in the title) 😯

MrOvershoot

Hig’s its not happy OK

But its very good drama

higgo
    Free Member

and we’re straight into episode 3!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Only current TV I’m watching at the mo is Fargo and Happy Valley.

Both cracking TV, but Happy Valley gets the win.

higgo
    Free Member

And straight into episode 4!

sargey

Just watched latest episode on catch up,wow.
    Started out a bit grungy but now its just superb.
    Two episodes to go,what next?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hold your breath higgo. I’m in no way a nervy film/tv watcher but I was genuinely perched on the edge of the sofa with mind racing for the last 30 mins of episode 4!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

journo ex-husband is mr big (see: the “I’ve got a drugs story” phone call)

the councillor & top cop are both in his pocket

kidnapped daughter has a hand in rescuing grandson from psycho dad

Harry_the_Spider

journo ex-husband is mr big (see: the “I’ve got a drugs story” phone call)

Good call! Another suspect to add to the list. There’s something evil about Kevin’s wife too.

I think Ashley and Scabby Youth are going to end up buried in concrete with 9mm holes in their heads.

That is why Happy Valley is so good and Jamaica Inn was so bad. In Jamaica Inn it was obvious who the bad guy was because he was the only character outside the family who had more than 2 lines. He may have well turned up with a badge on saying “I’m the bad guy”.

There was no suspense.

Happy Valley has suspense.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

That is why Happy Valley is so good and Jamaica Inn was so bad

Yeah, Jamaica Inn did kind of miss out the ‘thriller’ bit of ‘thriller’.

But, it should be noted, it was really a ladies romantic story, a kind of Bridget Jones in mud and squalor, so you, as a chap looking for manly action and manly acts of derring-do and manly suspense about manly smuggling activities, might be forgiven for missing the real plot of “would this innocent young girl fighting bravely for justice in an unjust world end up with the man of her dreams”.

A bit like the way I think that booooring Vampire film series was a wet turd, wheras it was quite popular with the female demographic for reasons beyond my comprehension.

globalti
    Free Member

With the kidnap story looking just about concluded, I’m wondering how they are going to fill the remaining two episodes. Must admit I hadn’t considered the Mr Big aspect but I reckon Catherine Cawood’s history in CID is going to figure more in the story.

higgo
    Free Member

I reckon there’s more going on with the sister than we’ve seen so far.

Spud

It’s Tuesday folks!!

rOcKeTdOg

getting the edge of my seat ready

Harry_the_Spider

I’m on holiday and can’t watch it until the weekend! Going to have to avoid EVERYTHING.

Harry_the_Spider

Double post

rascal
    Free Member

12 minutes people….shitty pants on the way 😳

rOcKeTdOg

Teed up for a massive finale

rascal
    Free Member

Calm before the storm…

Spud

Gotta go off in a big way next week. Gripping once again.

globalti
    Free Member

I’m going to miss the final episode! Shall be up the Congo. Maybe I’ll be able to get it online, otherwise I’ll have to wait 2 weeks and see it back home.

barkm
    Free Member

decided to pick this up given the positive reviews. done ep2, struggling with it. Over-acting just seems to be a thing with Brit dramas, and this is laden with it. Well put together though, but drawn out in places.
    Steve Pemberton is outstanding though.

rascal
    Free Member

Stick with it.

hora
    Free Member

So I never saw Psychoville until I bought the boxset..

Am I missing a real gem in Happy Valley? I’m going to have to wait for the DVD arent I now? 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Happy Valley (no spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.