Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Happy thoughts
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Anyone got some good news, happy thoughts, positive vibes and general ‘it’s all good’ type of news?

All i hear is doom and gloom, negative vibes and miserable people out there (no.. not here just in general)

It’s bringing me down. I want some good news for a change

IanMunro
    Free Member

I won’t live forever 🙂

xc-steve
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raJRAVnCifk[/video]

binners

Happy thoughts *caution soppy git warning*

My 3 year old has just started pre-school with big sister (6). This morning we all rode our bikes into school together in glorious crisp sunshine. I watched them both skipping across the playground, holding hands and giggling as the bell went. I nearly cried I was so happy

Its the ickle things that matter 🙂

ton

i have just found a boiled sweet under my selotape dispender……….bit fluffy, but it tastes ok………..;o)

trickydisco
    Free Member

that’s helped a bit 😮

this vid always makes me chuckle

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsEZ2lpM0Yw[/video]

BadlyWiredDog

My six-pack project is going brilliantly. I ate fishfinger sandwiches yesterday but regulated the food groups by eating the fishfingers at lunchtime then the bread in the evening. I chose to eat the sauce with the actual fish because I didn’t want to make the bread soggy. I also did three sets of 11 crunchies, up from ten at the weekend and because I was doing well and keen to keep my motivation high, I doubled my chocolate ration as a reward.

I also had one of those sponge puddings with melted chocolate in the middle on the basis that the chocolate is encased in sponge.

My overall thinking is that fish is a prime abdominal fat burner, so it’s fair to compensate elsewhere in my diet.

Today is a rest day, so I’m planning an outing to the pub later with no more than four pints.

I’m convinced my abdominals are more prominent, though they ache a little, another good reason for a rest day. I call that good news.

Hohum
    Free Member

They have the TV on at work and the Commonwealth games are on and it looks like they may be showing some of the ladies pole vaulting 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

fishfinger sandwiches

it makes me happy to know that I have vene subjected myself to a fish finger sandwich.
    I’m going to Naples soon, and will be travelling there from Rome on the Frecciarossa at speeds of up to 365 kph, and probably first class into the bargain.
    woo and indeed hoo

Hohum
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Happy thoughts *caution soppy git warning*

My 3 year old has just started pre-school with big sister (6). This morning we all rode our bikes into school together in glorious crisp sunshine. I watched them both skipping across the playground, holding hands and giggling as the bell went. I nearly cried I was so happy

Its the ickle things that matter

Proud parent moments do make for very happy thoughts.

I just went to the cafe to buy a coffee and I saw that the sun is out (it wasn’t this morning) and I will be finishing work at 4pm today.

ton

i have been trying to get a lady to vault my pole for ages……….no luck as yet.. 🙁

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Chilean miners should be appearing back at the surface tonight.

wwaswas

Boy, Pony, Ostrich, Donkey, various farm yard animals and Man in perfect harmony.

If they ever shutdown the internet I hope this is the last thing to go.

Torminalis
    Free Member

This weekend I managed to buy a dining table and chairs from ebay. We are a bit skint at the moment having just moved house so have been on the hunt for some bargains. We saw the table and chairs, left a small bid, came back a week later to find that we had won the auction for the princely sum of £34. Add to that £15 shipping (!) and we had a bargain.

Then when it arrived we realised we had actually bought a gorgeous Edwardian set in perfect condition made out of solid Oak. Bargain of the year.

On a less materialistic note, within 200 yards of my new front door I have a mile long series of natural swooping bermed gulleys, jumps, drops and bowls ending up at a pub!!!!! Happy days!!!

carlosg
    Free Member

mrscarlos is 3 weeks out of her first trimester with our 2nd child , I managed to get home early today and she dragged me upstairs and used me 😀 8) .

Boy do I wish I could get home early more often!

hp_source

the thought of seeing this at the end of July next year, filling me with equal happiness and fear!

toab
    Free Member

I found a whole new wood near me, all criss-crossed with trails and byways

snowslave

I had to go to that London today. I read privateer cover to cover on the train and enjoyed it. And I managed to get an early train home too. I’m in the quiet carriage wilfully ignoring phone calls, listening to some great tunes. And it’s a kebab ride tomorrow. And i had a fantastic blast on cut gate on saturday. One of those good vibe rides with a mate. My daughter’s 12 at the weekend. I spent ages finding the right pressie for her and after much messing about on tinternet I’ve found something I know she’ll love. Life is good

snowslave

Oh yeah, and I’m seeing the Jim Jones Revue on Friday and I’m really looking forward to that

simonralli2
    Free Member

I had an email from Professor Max Velmans, author of the book “Understanding Consciousness” today and he said he liked the line in my dissertation defining consciousness as “the tao looking back on itself.” He said that that was the fundamental theme underlying Reflexive Monism that he develops in his book. Well it made me happy 😀

Dair
    Free Member

Back of the net!

Scotland have remembered what the end objective of the game of football is and are going to play with a striker.

binners

Dair. I hate to burst your bubble, but you’ve probably the same chance of scoring 😉

binners

I’d recommend a water pistol fight. I’m presently in the middle of one 🙂

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

well i’m currently sat at bikevillage helping sam out with some building, had a lovely road ride this evening after we’d finished.

i’ve been seeing a wonderful girl for a few weeks, after 8 months of singledom/lonelyness/depression, and its making me feel very happy.

and i’ve just signed a contract on my first proper job out of university, working in a start-up web based company dealing with sustainability in the adventure tourism industry, including some consultancy work. oh, and its based in Morzine. i move there on the 21st of november for the foreseable future.

😀 8) 😛

binners

nice one hungry monkey!!! We’re not jealous at all ;P

snowslave

hungry monkey. Your post has made me sad you bastard!

binners

And I can’t be happy when Snowslave’s sad. I’m very upset now

tazzymtb

this makes me smile

as does this

god I’m easily amused

tazzymtb

the B3TA make up a word image challenge is as funny as well with such silliness as:

snowslave

And if binners is sad so am I. Bloody hell, a cyclical depression thing has broken out on a happy thread

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

and now i’m starting to feel bad about making you all feel bad because i wasn’t feeling bad. oh dear 🙁

Hohum
    Free Member

Got my car back today after some very expensive work up at the garage.

It may sound bad, but I soon had a smile on my face when it was going around the corners and roundabouts like it used to 🙂

The chimp up above makes me laugh and I will show it to my youngest tomorrow (she is almost 3) and I just know she will find it very funny.

snowslave

We are all morrissey

simonralli2
    Free Member

Come on Scotland!!!!!!!!!

elaineanne
    Free Member

this will make you laugh !

Hohum
    Free Member

simonralli2 – Member
    Come on Scotland!!!!!!!!!

Agreed!

It would be a very happy thought if they secured the draw or even beat the world champions 😀

LycraLout
    Free Member

If they ever shutdown the internet I hope this is the last thing to go.

No, this should be

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Happy thoughts’ is closed to new replies.