Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hans Dampf on Arch EX
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Has anybody got Hans dampf 2.35 on Arch EX rims 26inch ?
    If so could you be kind enough to mearure the width and height of the tyre please?
    I’d like to put these on my anthem but not sure if there to big..

Not sure how much difference psi will make but I run my tyres 25-30psi most of the time..

chiefgrooveguru
    ichabod
    Free Member

I’ll try and do it when I get home but yes, they are huge. Also mine were and absolute nightmare to get on!

transition1
    Free Member

I managed to get mine on with no tyre levers easily enough…
    on the rear of my Bandit

dooge
    Free Member

I have no experience but its the combo I will most probably have so intrigued to see if there is an issue with it.

mindmap3
    Free Member

As above they are huge compared to Maxxis tyres.

Mine are a piece of cake to get on the rims and set up tubeless.

mattjg
    Free Member

Done this, they went on fine but IMO the profile is too light-bulby, in particular I was concerned re tubeless burps so I took them off.

Better with a wider rim I think.

swanny853

I’ll try and remember to measure them when I get home. All I’d say is that a friend tried some of the largeish Bontragers on smaller rims in his anthem and the clearance was, well, minimal. I would say my HD is larger.

chris_db
    Free Member

I run HD’s on Flows, mahoosive but worth it, work really well.

Chris

winch
    Free Member

IMO the profile is too light-bulby, in particular I was concerned re tubeless burps so I took them off.

^^^ This.

Tyre squirm ensues below about 30 psi. Flow EX work much better.

Goldigger
    Free Member

So basically to big a tyre to fit on the anthem and not the best on Arch EX rims..

P20

It’s been fine on the front off my old 355 and I think it’s the same width as the crest. Could be my mincing gnarr style though

nuke

Its not *that* big and should be fine. I run a 2.35 29er Snakeskin Pacestar on a Crest rim on the front of my 29er HT and I’ve have had no issue…went up tubeless easily, no issues with roll/burps and I probably run it <25psi. Its a great tyre, I twin it with a cheapy Smorgasbord on the rear.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m more concerned if it will actually fit in the rear triangle of my anthem, and forks..SID RCT3 2012

swanny853

OK, this is on a 29er, but I make it about 62mm wide side block to side block, about 58mm from top of rim to top of tread.

winch
    Free Member

Even if it does fit in the rear triangle, it’ll more than likely flex enough to rub as it won’t be well supported by that rim.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Measured my 2.35 HD which is on a flow a few weeks ago. Measured just under 2.5″.

Goldigger
    Free Member

@swanny853 Thanks for the measurements.. looks like it will rub on the rear triangle based on those measurements..
    My racing Ralph’s measure 56mm wide.. 52mm off the rim..

swanny853

You’re welcome!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hans Dampf on Arch EX’ is closed to new replies.