Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • hankys – do you, a mountain biker, use a hanky ?
  • tobyho
    Free Member

cos i dont.

i have never knowingly fraternised with any hanky users in my life before. but i have recently discovered that all 6 of my regular riding buddies all carry hankys… do all mountain bikers, except me, use a hanky ?

i used to tortue the kids at school who used hankys..

please advise.

allthepies
    Free Member

I do.

wwaswas

I use a hanky.

main reason is they still work when they’re wet that and the back of my glove ends up looking like a snail farm if I don’t.

ton

i do indeed use a hanky, for wiping sweat from my eyes.
    i use the back of my glove or my slieve for snotty nose stuff tho…… 8)

emac65
    Free Member

Good god no,I use the floor to catch it…..

cp

i do, but not out riding… i know the art of projectile snotting 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Same as cp.

And I wear pyjamas.

clubber
    Free Member

nope…

psychle
    Free Member

i do, but not out riding… i know the art of projectile snotting

Ah, the old ‘Bushmans snort’ as we call it back home in Oz… ’tis a useful talent to develop, very satisfying! Clears the sinuses as well 🙂

wwaswas

the only problem with the projectile snort is;

a) getting a soggy shoulder
    b) hitting people you ride with.

oddjob
    Free Member

If you are refering to a handkerchief, then yes I do use one, but not whilst riding.

MrNutt
    Free Member

sod that, hanky indeed, haven’t any of you heard of road kill?

thepurist

MrNutt – but I find badger too coarse to clean my glasses with, and squirrel is sooo greasy. The simple square of cotton does the job so much better, and is a handy size to fold up and put in my pocket. I suppose a vole would do, but you can never find one when you need one.

Cougar

4ndyB
    Free Member

I use the snot rocket method.

No worries about hitting anyone with one of my projectiles as I’m usually at the back of the pack.

bassspine
    Free Member

Filthy habit. Blast your disease ridden mucous into a piece of cloth, keep it in a warm pocket and handle it repeatedly, wiping any excess excretions and bacteria/viruses on your hands between uses. Utterly utterly vile.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Not only can you keep your damp snot ridden finest cotton hanky warm in your pocket, you can then use it to wipe babies mouths clean, clean your dipstick when checking oil levels, clean your other dipstick after checking the young ladies oil level, and finally for surrendering to her well built husband.

iDave
    Free Member

wot basspine said

i have enough textile objects to wash without adding snot infested sqaures of cotton

snot belongs on the forest floor

philconsequence
    Free Member

Sniff with all your might, swallow, let your stomach acid do its job. Sorted…..

Or use the nearest stinging nettle, whichever is easier

starsh78
    Free Member

I pick then eat it 😀

RealMan
    Free Member

Buff or gloves.

CountZero

My hanky is usually a couple of squares of paper kitchen towel. As soon as it gets soggy it’s binned. Also good for wiping dipstick, mopping up spilt drink, etc. Can’t do that with a nice cotton square. Well, you can, but it’s a waste.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Don’t when riding…and I use tissues rather than a hanky when not riding (slightly less germ harbouring I think…)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Sleeve, finger, back of hand, bog roll if i’m somewhere posh. If no ones around or when riding the old footballer special clear out technique is effective.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

No, both barrels for me. POW!

teagirl
    Free Member

Feel free to stop me for a hankie, all, I usually carry a packet. A chum, tho’, blows violently into thumb and first finger and throws. I’m unable to do this, disgusting!

bigG
    Free Member

A clean, freshly ironed cotton handkerchief is part of my basic kit that goes anywhere with me when I ride a bike. I may well be sweaty, bloody and muddy but there’s no excuse for letting standards drop when one needs to blow one’s nose is there?

If i could find a way to attach a top pocket to my cycling kit I’d probably have a hankie poking out of there in the traditional three pointed arrangement.

G

Keva
    Free Member

what bassspine said. why anyone wants to carry a bag of filthy germs around with them I’ve no idea.

epicyclo

I thought that’s what a moustache was for…

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Palm of your hand just before slapping your mate on the back for riding that gnarly section so well.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘hankys – do you, a mountain biker, use a hanky ?’ is closed to new replies.