Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Hangovers….
  • DrDomRob
    Free Member

Don’t you hate them 🙁

I don’t drink very often anymore, it really hurts the next day when I do. Can’t even ride cause of cramping calves, I assume due to dehydration….

Probably been said before but, I am going TeeTotal!

Jamie
    Free Member

Same boat really. Do not really drink anymore, but when I do I can usually be sure the next day will be spent doing very little and feeling sorry for myself. Never get headaches or nowt, just feel sick most the day.

I probably should start self medicating with some of these:

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Haha

Edit – My mate offered me a cup of concrete….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’ve never had one 🙂 But then I can’t see the point of drinking. Drugs ? Don’t you need to be retarded to take them ?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

SfB – You are not missing out on much, would rather be out on my bike than wondering if I am going to start calling Ruth on the porcelain telephone.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it’s my opinion that people confuse conviviality with drinking, as they are so often associated, yet in fact it works just as well without alcohol.

gillycoops
    Free Member

Lovely weekend & I’ve ruined it for myself, had a skinfull at an Alabama 3 gig Friday night & I’ve done naff all but mope around feeling sorry for myself. Pathetic really.

brakes
    Free Member

I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they are going to feel all day.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

As good a night as I had it ruined today,a lovely day. Had so much to do today. I think that for me as long as the sky is cloudless or predicted to be cloudless I’ll be keeping off the sauce!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

A day in the pub watching rugby yesterdat wasn’t the best idea 😐

Have done nowt apart from drink tea, couldn’t face a spin on the bike today 🙁 maybe a quick loop in the dark later will clear the head.

I don’t know why I do it anymore as the after effects of drinking are becoming more and more unappealing

brakes
    Free Member

I tend to go out on a bender on a Thursday night so I just waste a day at work rather than at the weekend

smell_it
    Free Member

I lovse the feeling of being intoxicated, but I’m pretty much a lightweight so rarely drink enough to get a minging hangover. At worst, the first 20 mins of a ride will blow away the cobwebs then I’m cooking on gas again. Each to their own, for me.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

The headache isn’t so much of a problem, but I get cramp legs which just makes the ride painful the whole time.

neninja
    Free Member

A rather long afternoon/evening in the pub watching the rugby yesterday. Was feeling no pain when I got home.

Was a little delicate today but sweated it out with a 25k local ride on some cracking bridleways. Beautiful day for a ride (apart from the head wind on the homeward leg).

Mackem

I enjoy a nice slurp, but rarely drink on a Friday it spoils the weekend. Big ride Saturday, a few drinks on a Saturday night, then maybe/maybe not a ride on a Sunday.

mudmonster
    Free Member

I use this.

Mackem

I prefer this for a hangover…

oreetmon
    Free Member

bollx, MTFU.
    some of the best rides ive had are post booze sesh as the “should i hit that or not’ way of thinking doesnt count as your brain is muddled and you think your RAMBO.

i get up in the morn pished,,,, i apologise for being hung over and holding the straights back,,,, but,,,,,, after the climb im reet, once the endorfins (sp?) kick in its like snorting a line,,,,,, i havnt for years as MTBing provides all of the ‘rush’ i need (im an ex-raver)

cigarettes, alcohol and adrenalin (take note Mr gallagher) thats HARDCORE.

ive had a few as i write this (carb loading 🙂 and probably talking shte but im sure there are more like me out there,,,,,, just because you choose a the sport of MTBing to fill your time doesnt meen you are a fitness freak, all the lads i ride with like a beer,,,,, or the odd bit of chemicals,,,,,who gives a fek,,,,, we just like having a laff in the outdoors, fitness is a byproduct.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and probably talking shte

an understatement I feel 🙁

oreetmon
    Free Member

agreed, ive had a few.

carb loading and what not

_tom_
    Free Member

I don’t really like drinking much any more, just feel sluggish and shit the next day. Sometimes it’s good though. Luckily my friends and I tend to prefer the green smelly stuff so hangovers aren’t as frequent as they used to be 🙂

partyboy
    Free Member

I’ve never had one But then I can’t see the point of drinking. Drugs ? Don’t you need to be retarded to take them ?

You sound like a fun guy 🙄

deserter
    Free Member

I’ve started drinking a pint of water after 4/5 pints then carry on, makes a huge difference, if I get to 8 pints I’ll have another glass of water, when I get home a nice cup o tea, jobs a good un very rarely get a hangover anymore

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You sound like a fun guy

ah, you think fun requires intoxication ? You sound like an idiot 🙂

pastcaring
    Free Member

don’t really get hangovers! unless i’m so pissed i can’t walk 😀 and that hasn’t happened for a longtime.

i stopped taking drugs in my early twenties, but replaced it with another drug, bike riding…

weed doesn’t count though, does it?

@ oreetmon

i think i’d fit right in with you and your riding buddies 😀

crikey
    Free Member

SFB is a non drinker?
    Well, you could have told us before…

pastcaring
    Free Member

my old boss said ” never trust a man who doesn’t drink” 😆

partyboy
    Free Member

ah, you think fun requires intoxication ? You sound like an idiot

I didn’t state that, you assumed it. You sound like a prime fud.

yossarian
    Free Member

SFB is a non drinker?
    Well, you could have told us before…

No-one that smug ever drank.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

my old boss said ” never trust a man who doesn’t drink”

because he’ll easily put one over on you ? That would make sense 🙂 Do the same strictures apply to the non-heroin and non-coke snorting ?

pastcaring
    Free Member

Do the same strictures apply to the non-heroin and non-coke snorting ?

no it’s the other way round 😀

never trust a smack/crack head…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Hangovers….’ is closed to new replies.